Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Whimsical Wednesday - a Sketch

Happy Wednesday everyone!  If you are looking for My Cricut Cardz Challenge post, then click HERE.  

It is Challenge Day over at Whimsical Wednesday.  Today's challenge is to create a project using a sketch made by our very own Nanne.  Here it is.



Isn't it beautiful?  This was tough for me, any of you who visit my blog regularly, know that I am a very simple crafter, and this is so complex - I guess that's why they call it a challenge, eh?  Having said that, I am really happy with what I created following this gorgeous sketch.  Maybe I should push myself outside the box periodically...  use a few more sketches...  Here it is - 


Cute, huh?  I decided to use the girly penguin from Simply Charmed.  Isn't she adorable?  Her cute little face is from Peachy Keen's Happy Lashes.  I doodled on her with my Sakura Jelly Roll pen and my Stampin Up markers.  The paper is from my stash.  I think that snowflake paper is old Creative Memories paper - not positive, but I think so.  The cardstock is a mish mash of things.  The stamp I used is from Whimsical Designs Snow Much Fun, they are so cute.  


I hope you all come over to Whimsical Designs, see what our amazing DT came up with to inspire you this week, and play along with us, using Nanne's amazing sketch!  See you all again soon :)

A la prochaine...

 

6 comments:

GiGi said...

Michelle you did such an amazing job with this sketch! The penguin is adorable and I love the corners you added. I sometimes like to use sketches because they force you to do things you wouldn't normally do and more so than not I love the end results! You did a super job!

Brigitte said...

So totally adorable!!! I love her and her little bow!!! Fantastic job Michelle! Hugs, Brigitte

sue w. said...

Hi Michelle, what a fab penguin a real fun image. I love how you added faux stitching and a dinky bow. Just love it.
I know what you mean about doing something a little different as I tend to stick to what I like best but sometimes we surprise ourselves.
Loving how everyone's is so different.
Hugs Sue W.

Esther said...

Adorable Michelle, you did a fab job with the sketch :)

The penguin is oh, so cute :)

Heather May Holbrook said...

Hi Michelle!
I love your take on the sketch, that penguin is SO cute!! Great sentiment choice too! P.S. you might want to check out Cooking with Cricut- congrats!! ;)
Hugs,
Heather P
www.heather-p.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Totally love your take on the sketch:) Great papers, and colors used too!!