Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hello Kitty Party Week - Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of my Hello Kitty Party Week!! Today I have one of the party favors for you. I decided to make most of the favors. Many of the girl's have unusual names, and I thought they might like something personalized. I made them each a door hanger. i think they are so cute:



So I designed these on my Gypsy girl. The rectangle is from George and Basic Shapes. I then took a circle, and welded them together. Then I made another rectangle to shadow it, and welded the same circle in the same spot. I cut hello Kitty's face out of Heloo Kitty greetings, and cut each girl's name out of Don Juan - I haven't used this cartridge in so long, that I can't remember the last project I used it for! Once they were done, I decided they looked a bit naked, so I pulled out something I have NEVER used before - twine. I am in LOVE with how this finished up my project! I am going to have to use it again.

I made 11 of these. One for each of the girls at Gabrielle's party, and one for my work friend's niece. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of them all!! In the chaos of the party prep, I just didn't. Silly me! Oh well, at least I took a picture of one of them :)

Be sure to come back tomorrow - I will have TWO projects to share for Day 3.

A few challenges:
Whimsical Wednesdays - use something old (Don Juan cartridge)
Paper Pretties - ribbon/twine
Divas By Design - anything goes
Shelly's Images - tie it up (twine or ribbon)
Fabulous Fridays - ribbon or twine
Drunken Stampers - use something new (twine)
Craft Your Passion - anything goes with no patterned paper
Crafty Catz - pink and white
Craft Us Crazy - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - anything goes


A la prochaine...

10 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous & so personal love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Stephanie said...

So cute and pretty! I'm sure the girls will love that!

Janette said...

A very sweet creation, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Darlene said...

Just precious ... what a great idea! Thanks so much for joining our "ALL TIED-UP" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

GiGi said...

This is BEAUTFIUL!!! I just LOVE Hello Kitty and you did these is such pretty colors. The girls will definatly love them! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Jen Leeflang said...

I am sure Mairin loves that pretty door hanger.
Thanks so much for entering our "ALL Tied Up" challenge at Shelly's Images! We hope to see you back again in the next challenge!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
SI DT

Country Mouse said...

Loving your Hello Kitty crafts!! Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion!
audrey
dt member

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, my, goodness - these are adorable - I'm sure the girls will just love having such a cute, personalized item! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Aunty Sue said...

Fab tag thanks for joining Crafty Catz

Ribbon Girl said...

Thank you for joining in with this weeks challenge at Papertake Weekly, Mary G x