Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Peachy Valentine

If you are looking for Day 3 of my Hello Kitty Party Week, click HERE. Can you believe I have another post today? I have been such a good blogger lately! When I saw Peachy Keen's current challenge, I knew I had to play along. The challenge is to use a toilet paper roll - toilet paper roll albums are one of my favorite things to make! I gathered 4 toilet paper rolls from my stash (is it sad I have a stash of TP rolls?) and set out to make a Valentine's Day album for my husband. here is what I came up with:


All the hearts in this mini album are punches. The 2 smaller hearts are from Creative Memories, the larger from Stampin Up. The sentiment stamps are all from Whimsical Design's With Love set. The Peachy Keen faces throughout are from Happy Lashes, Boy Mates, wide Eyed Kids and Princess Faces.


This page is the one my daughter chose to be hers. So on one side, a cute little puppy, the other side, a pic of "the girl", as we lovingly refer to her... The heart's face is from my Princess faces.


The pup is from Create a Critter, and the face from my PK Critter faces. The sentiment, is again from Whimsical Designs. I was really impressed with how crisply they stamped!


The next page is for "the boy". The heart right above his picture has another Princess face. All the doodling, throughout the book, is done with my Sakura pens - LOVE them!!


The "XO" is from Smiley Cards cartridge, with faces from the Princess Faces and Boy Mates. The sentiment is another from Whimsical Designs


This last page is for me. I need to find a picture of him and I - I have one in mind, but I need to develop it. The heart has another Princess face one it. Love my PK faces :)


The cute little buggy is cut from Create a Critter, her cute little face is from Wide Eyed Kids and the stamps, from Whimsical Designs. All the paper on the TP rolls is from K and Co's Valentine stack from last year. That paper is beautiful! All the cardstock, came from my scrap boxes.


These are the tags that go in the slots created by the toilet paper rolls. The tags are cut from Sweet Treats. I decided to do a special thing for Mike. I asked the kids all the things they love best about him, and then wrote down what I love about him on three separate tags - kind of like little love letters to my honey. Each of those tags will slip into the roll with our pictures, and when Mike is upset, or down or mad at us, he can look at this little album, and the tags, and hopefully it will make him smile.

Some challenges for my little album:
Peachy Keen Challenge - use a toilet paper roll
Scrappy Moms Stamps - hearts galore
Crafty Boots - valentine's day
Creative Stamp Friends - valentine's day
Lexi's Creations - love
Make My Monday - love letters
My Craft Spot - valentine's day
Ooh La La Creations - be my valentine
Stamp and Create - valentine's day/ love
Stamp with Fun - love
Stamps R Us - valentine's day/love
Secret Crafter - hugs and kisses
Sweet Stampin - for the one that I love
Dream Valley Challenge - valentine's
Kenny K Krafty Girlz - say it with love
Sentimental Sunday - feel the love
Addicted to Stamps - love/valentine's
Forever Friends - animal valentine
Little Miss Muffet - valentine's and love
Sarah Hurley - love is all around
Always Something Creative - valentine's
Scrap It Girl - love
Clear it Out - use scraps for valentine's
Deep Ocean - love you
Everybody Art - love
Shopping Our Stash - hearts, valentine's
Try it on Tuesdays - for your true love
Tuesday Throwdown - valentine's day
Creative Crafts - ribbon, pink, gems (bling on the pup and on the love bug)
Fab 'n' Funky - love is in the air
Simon Says - love is in the air
Papercraft Star - heart
Creative Inspirations - lots of love
The Kraft Journal - La-la-la love you


Whew! That is a lot of challenges! Maybe my most ever :) It is so fun to find challenges to play along with! Be sure to come back tomorrow, for Day 4 of Hello Kitty Party Week...


A la prochaine...

45 comments:

Sylvia said...

Michelle, that is a cute album! How clever, I would not have thought to you tp rolls for your pages. Thanks for joining us this week at the Papercrafts Star challenge, I enjoyed looking at those lovely pages!

Meggymay said...

A realy cute album with many details. Thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week.
Yvonne

Cindy :) said...

super cute album and great idea....the last lines made me get all teary eyed, LOL gl :)

Jayne said...

What a great album,so cute!Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
Jayne x

http://jayne-designs.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

EEEK! This is SO CUTEEEE!!! I love that cute puppy, bug and hearts with all those cute PK faces! This is absolutely adorable!!!!

VICTORIA said...

This is so cute!!!!! OMG did you enter all those challenges. I do well to enter just one I am amazed girl!!!

Mynn xx said...

What a darling creation!!! This is too cute! Thanks for joining us at MMM this week! :)

Kristi said...

How adorable! I want to make one! :) Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Challenge!

Davi said...

Darling little album sure it will be a real special gift for your honey! Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week.

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love your little album, it is so cute and so much fun. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Crystal said...

Such a fabulous album and love the hand drawn stitching! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS this week :)

Vicky said...

simply adorable love the mini album
TFS

Unknown said...

Oh my how sweet is this! Love the all the doodling and the cute hearts at the front. I'm sure your husband will love it!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

Franz♥ said...

What a lovely project Michelle! Adorable and amazing!

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Franz.

Dodici said...

Aw,this is so very cute Michelle!
Thanks for joining us at ATSC!
Dodici
xxx

cheryl said...

oh this is one super album gorgeous image's and colours bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs Cherylx

Clarissa Schupp said...

what a funny creation, its a really lovely valentines work! Thanks for sharing on ASC.

xoxo Clarissa

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word this is one FAB creation what a fantastic design I so love the heart faces and the bug, this is super, thank you for coming to join our challenge at OLLCB
Hugs
Lorraine x

Carol L said...

What a sweet, cute, and wonderful little memory book you've created! I love those sweet little faces! Thanks for playing along with Stamps R Us!

Glenda Atkins said...

These are just fabulous, what a precious thing to have of your children and who would have thought it started with a tp roll:) Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week!

Cleota said...

WOW - what a great assortment of cards!! Love each and every one of them. Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

Cleota
DT Member

Glora said...

Aw, your TP album turned out SO cute!!!! I just LOVE all the PKS stamps you used to make it SO super ADORABLE! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Emma Williams said...

A fabulous creation...really cute and wonderful colours! Good luck and thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley's blog challenge.
Emma x

Rachel said...

Thats a fab project - I love it! Gorgeous images!

Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week and we hope to see you again soon. Wedgie xxx

Fliss said...

A really lovely album Michelle. The hearts with faces are so cute and the album beautifully put together.
Thanks for joining in with Make My Monday this week and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

Unknown said...

Such an adorable Album, a Keepsake to treasure forever! Thank you for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge Blog...Good Luck! Leah Ann

Nikki Foraker said...

what a sweet mini! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeenStamps!!!

Nikki

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

Your album is ADORABLE!! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! XOXO

- Mel

PS - Way to knock out the challenges, great job!! :)

Amanda said...

Oh my, what an adorable mini album!! I just love all the faces on all your images.. I'm so glad you decided to join us at Peachy Keen Stamps..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Purple Crazy said...

Fab album, such cute images, Thanks for sharing with us at ooh la la x

Houses Built of Cards said...

So cute!!! What a fabulous idea!!! LOVE all those Peachy faces!!! I'm SOOOO glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

♥Jan♥ said...

What a fun gift ! Thanks for joining us this week at Papercraft Star !!

CraftyDaffy said...

What adorable creations and a great idea. Those images are so cute it makes me want to pinch their cheeks (well if they had actual cheeks..lol). Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Boots Challegnes for our Valentine theme. xx Denise

sandra's crafty corner said...

thanks for joining us at Creative craft challenges, in our BINGO challenge, good luck, hugs sandra dt xxx

p.s we have a dt call out at the moment, if your interested in trying out pop over check out the deets x

crafty amy said...

What a super cute creation!! So inspiring :D
Sadly to win at Kenny K you would need to have used a Kenny K image but we still love to see your creation :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Delightful creation..thank you for taking the time to enter the Make My Monday challenge this week. Suzanne

Kathleen said...

This is just lovely, just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley
Hugs Kat x

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

Beautiful album!! Thank you for joining Stamp with Fun this week.
hugs tina46

Jo said...

Fab project, love all the doodling and the smiley faces!Thanks for joining with Lexi's Creations this time and good luck!
Jo x
DT

jaine drake said...

What a great idea to make a mini album. It's wonderful. Thanks for joining in the challenge with Sarah Hurley.

Kate said...

What a wonderful little album! Each page is precious and sure to be a treasure in the years to come.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Mel said...

Ohhh wow!
What a stunning wee album and an amazing creation and keepsake!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges
Hugs Melly xx

Lin said...

Cute album.

Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations and Dream Valley this time.

Lin

Becky B. said...

What a WONDERFUL project you've created...I'm sure that your hubby loved it and will treasure it forever! Also, I love the fact that you "recycled" TP rolls to make this cutie of a project - FABULOUS!! :) Thanks for joining Scrap-It-Girl's "Show Some Love" challenge!!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

So CUTE! I love your TP mini album! Thanks for joining in on Scrap It Girl's "Show Some Love" challenge.