Monday, February 27, 2012

Beautiful Banana Bread

Happy Monday - Today I have a cute little tag and a delicious loaf of banana bread :)  I think this may be the best banana bread I have ever made!  It was really easy, moist and yummy!



I found the recipe HERE.  So simple, so few ingredients :)  I will post the full recipe below the pictures...


So I ended up making 2 loaves, and decided to give one away to a friend.  I felt it needed something, so I made an adorable little tag.  the tag is from Plantin Schoolbook.  The banana is from Create a Critter.  I stamped his cute little face with Peachy Keen Boy Mates faces.


Here is a close up of the little tag.  I hand wrote the "to" and "love".  The "yummo" is from Whimsical Designs Whimsical fun.  Isn't it perfect for this tag?


Here is the recipe:

Banana Banana Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon  baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs, beaten

  • 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

  • Directions

  •  - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

  •  - In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

  •  - Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

A few challenges for my tag:
2 Sisters - anything goes
Craft Your Days Away - paper piecing
Cupcake Inspirations - inspiration picture
Crafty Catz - begin with B (banana)
Make it Monday - anything goes

A la prochaine...

20 comments:

Brigitte said...

Yummy!!! This looks delicious, I can almost smell it, lol!!! Hugs, Brigitte

Donna Heber said...

Hi Michelle,

Your bread looks scrumptious and your handmade tag is adorable. Coming to you from Make It Monday.

Unknown said...

AWWWWWW this tag is the cutest thing ever!! Just absolutely adorable!! Now also very hungry for banana bread!! Saw you on MIM!
Nat -x-

GiGi said...

What a super cute tag! The bannana is adorable!

Robin said...

Yummo is exactly right!! Looks delish!!! I love banana bread..if you happen to make extra again just send it this way haha. The tag is super cute:D Good luck on the challenges.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Tina said...

lovley tag...and the bannana is cute...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Sharon said...

Oh Yummo is right!!! I love good banana nut bread. My Mom use to make it for us when we were growing up. Our DD makes it now. Shes is 'Yummo', too!!! I so love that tag with the sweet banana on it. Love the face!! :)

Sharon said...

A perfect post for our YUMMY challenge at Totally Gorjuss. Love your Banana Bread... I'll be making some over the weekend and your tag is just too delightful. Your friend will love this. hugs Sharon

Unknown said...

That bread sure does look Yummo Michelle. OMG..now I want some! Super fun project and I love what you did with the little banana tag, and the sentiment;)

Esther said...

Looks awfully yummy!!! Cute tag too!

carol said...

mmmm...looks yummy, may have to make one of these, thanks for the inspiration, thanyou for joining our I SPY challenge at CRAFTY CATZ too, x carol

:: BlueInks :: said...

That tag is so cute! I have to admit that I clicked on your picture at MIM because I thought that could not be a picture of ground beef! Given the picture was small and I was right! LOL Thanks, for sharing.

Heide said...

Oh yum.....
The tag is just adorable. Saw you on MIM.
Hugs, Heide

Lisa Minckler said...

I wanted to call through the screen and just smell that bread! When will they ever invent smell-o-vision???? WOW, looks so good and I love the Yummo tag and stamped face. That's brilliant. :D

Thank you so much for sharing in our Linky Party at Make It Monday!

Lisa :)

Lisa Minckler said...

LOL..I said "call" and meant "crawl." See how good that bread looks, got me all flustered.

Anne said...

yummy.... your bread turned out great..love that little tag.. how adorable.. thanks for sharing on MIM..

craftymum said...

A "yummy" tag and the cake looks delicious. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week

hugs Sarah x

p.s. I have candy on my blog and a DT call

Zulma said...

Wow! this is a yummy one. Very cute banana die cut. Thanks for the recipe. TFS with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
Zulma DT

Mynn xx said...

That tag is just too cute! PERFECT to go along with that amazing looking bread! YUMMO indeed! :)

Michelle said...

OH Yum, banana bread, my favourite!! It's almost 11pm here and now I've got the munchies for cake, lol.

Your little tag is just gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)