Friday, February 24, 2012

52 Tags - Week #8 Flowers and Frills

Happy Friday everyone! One of my favorite craft people, Janis of Pause Dream Enjoy, has asked me to come aboard as one of her design team members for her 52 Tags in 2012 Challenge. I lovemaking tags. They come together quickly and are so satisfying when they're done! I am thrilled to be taking part. This weeks challenge is to make tags with flowers and frills. Here is what I came up with:


I cut this tag from Plantin Schoolbook at 4 inches. The flower is from Joys of the Season. I thought it was really frilly too. The paper is mostly SU and Bazzil. I used chalk and ink on the flower and I chalked the edges of the tag too. This chalking thing is slightly out of my comfort zone, but I think it looks pretty. The stamp is from Whimsical Designs Whimsical Fun Vol 1. I doodled around the edge with one of my SU markers, popped a button with some twine on the the empty corner, and used some ribbon from Michaels to string my tag - and voila! Tag is done!


Here is the second tag that I created. I used an old SU set called Branching Out. I just LOVE this stamp set, it is so pretty :)  I was thinking of the apple blossoms in the Annapolis Valley when I created this tag - the moment when the trees are so laden with blossoms and fruit buds that you can hardly see the leaves for all the pink flowers:



The inks are all SU, and the doodling was done with my Sakura Jelly Roll pen. Again the sentiment is from Whimsical Designs Whimsical Fun Volume 1. There are so many beautiful sentiments in that set.



Janis is looking for a couple more people to join her DT. If you are interested, then be sure to contact Janis. All the details are on her blog. I hope you all come to Pause Dream Enjoy, create a beautiful flower tag, and play along with us.  I would love to visit your blogs and see what you all come up with.  You can even link up with us right here on my blog:

Here are a few challenges for my little tags:
Crafts and Me - shades of spring
My Grafico - flowers
Crop Stop - at least 3 flowers (there are hundreds of blossoms on the apple tree tag)
Cute Card Thursday - winged things (there are 2 little butterflies on the apple blossom tag)
Cardz TV - anything goes
Stampin Sisters in Christ - flowers
Sentimental Sundays - let's get sentimental
Paper Pretties - spring
Cards and Things - color challenge

**With all the rumors running around about Google Friends going away and us all losing our followers, I am adding a Networked Blogs gadget, so you can still find me if you want to - or you could always subscribe vi a email :)



A la prochaine...

 

18 comments:

Brigitte said...

WOW, your tags are wonderful!!! I love them both, but have to admit that the pink blossom tree is my favorite!!! Your chalking is awesome! Hugs, Brigitte

Janis Lewis said...

Both of your tags are gorgeous! I love that you used 2 different creative methods to make them. So honored and excited you are a part of the DT!! Big hugs from America! :) Janis

Nicolette said...

Awesome tags!! So excited that we are on the design team together!! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!!!

girlia said...

too cute

Lizzie Laine said...

Michelle,
Your tags are so pretty, I love your inspiration for the tree tag!
I am so happy to be on the team with you:)

Melissa said...

Very nicely done, thanks for joining CCC!

Miesje said...

Not sure which tag I like better - love them both! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Kate said...

So Pretty. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cardz TV Stamps “Anything Goes” Challenge. Hope to see you again.

Hugs,
Kate

Vicki said...

Beautiful tags! Great inspiration and colors. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

Sharon said...

These are so so beautiful Michelle!!! I love both of them but the tree is my favorite. Thank you so very much for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

Janne said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental sundays this week.
Hugs, Janne

Katie said...

Great take on the CropStop Challenge! Thank you os much for joining us this week.

Veronica said...

Love the tag, very cool
Thank you for joining us at CropStop Challenge Blog
Veronica

Karen said...

wonderfully pretty. Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Cardz TV!

GiGi said...

These are so super beautiful!

Michelle Pearson said...

very pretty project! Thank you for sharing it with us on the CropStop Challenge! Such a pretty tag...I love that tree set too! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, your tags are so beautiful! I have been LOVING pink and grey together. Great job.

Lisa Watson said...

Beautiful tags!!! Love the cherry blossom! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!!