Friday, October 12, 2012

Monster Blog Hop

If you are looking for my "BOO" project, please click HERE.

Welcome to the Monster Mash Blog Hop, brought to you by the design teams of Made Especially For You and Exploring Cricut!

Today the design teams of Made Especially For You and Exploring Cricut have teamed up to share with you all sorts of spooktacular monster-themed projects to help get your crafty gears turning for all those upcoming Halloween projects!

If you've come from Annette's blog, you're in the right place! If you just came across the hop and would like to start at the beginning, please visit Ashley at Made Especially For You.

For my project, I created a little banner for my son's bedroom door.  Here it is:





Isn't it cute?   I created this on my Gypsy Girl, which makes it so easy to weld my letters together.  The letters are from Mickey Font.  The monsters are both cut from Mini Monsters.  I started by cutting the shadows out of old Cheerios boxes to give it some sturdiness.  I find that 3 layers of Cheerios boxes gives me the perfect strength.  The shadows were all cut out of creamy paper, and then it was just a matter of layering the monsters on.  I decided I wanted to use googly eyes on my project, I think it makes them look so cute!  I found a bag of eyes at Michael's, and it had some really big googly eyes that were just perfect.  Some doodling and some ribbon and we are done!  It was a really quick project to make, and I think it's cute!


We also have some wonderful sponsors giving away prizes to those who comment on every stop of the hop!

Paper Piecings by Nikki

$15 Gift Certificate




$15 Gift Certificate


$10 Gift Certificate

The winners of the blog candy will be announced on Made Especially For You on Tuesday October 16th. Please make sure to leave your contact information when commenting to be eligible to win!

Your have come to the end of our wonderful Monster Blog Hop.  If you missed anyone, you could start back with Ashley's blog.  Here's the complete lineup in case you got lost along the way:


Happy Hopping!

A challenge or two for my banner:
Divas By Designs - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - anything but a card
Craft Room Challenge - alter it (cheerios boxes)
Oldie but a Goodie - inspired by a song (monster mash) use old stash (paper and Cricut cartridges)
Part Time Tuesdays - anything but a card
Ribbon Carousel - halloween spirit
Unstampabelles - recycling (cheerios boxes)
The Corrosive Challenge - monsters or viallains
Pan Pastel UK Challenges - recycle (cheerios)
Scrappers Delights - halloween projects

A la prochaine...

34 comments:

Diane said...

Michelle this is so cute! I just love it. Great job!

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love your banner! Lee-Ann :)

Tracy said...

Great creation, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Diana said...

Too cute! I just got some googly eyes at Michaels, but haven't used them yet. ;)

Alljazzed2create said...

This is really cute. Well really it's scary LOL Super job

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
craft-roomjulia said...

A really cute and adorable banner. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xxx

Sue said...

EEEK what a super job!! love it :-)

Annette said...

Heehee! Super cute:)

Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies

Merry said...

That is wonderfully cute. Thanks for joining in our Unstampabelles challenge

Kim said...

What a lucky guy to have this cool banner hanging on his door! Great job!

Georgiana said...

I bet your son loves to see this banner every time he approaches his door. It is great with those monsters!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Ginger Morriello said...

Super cute creation, and the Mickey font is so fun!

Busy Bee Vinyl Creations said...

What a cute banner. I'm sure your son just loves this!
Thank you for sharing this with all of us!

Kathy:)
Kathy's Corner
kathy.unger113@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Now this is awesome!!! How cute to use googley eyes??? Super job!!!

CathyC said...

Lovely! what a great use of cereal boxes. Thanks for joining in our Recycling challenge at UnstampaBelles.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Brilliant, I love those fun little monsters. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Susan Hogan said...

Super clever! A great take on the challenge and I bet he loves it! Cheerios - are they biscuits (cookies)? Thanks for entering in the fun at Unstampabelles this month and hope to see you here again!

Gail said...

Michelle - I think your banner is great! I have a ton of cereal boxes and cardboard in my craftroom - my friends and family were saving boxes for me - as I like to cut thing out as well and use them as you do for sturdiness - it works great! Thanks for sharing - have a great weekend~ utb01@att.net

Ashley said...

Your banner is amazing! I love the colors and all the details. :)

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

I love it!! I soooo love it!!! Those monsters are most adorable! :)

Eileen said...

Fabulous stuff here! Just so cute .. thanks for entering the PanPastle challenge
Eileen xx

Robin said...

Super cute banner! Love the images on this:D I'm sure your son loves it too, awesome job. So glad I could be in this hop with you!

(:(:SMiles:):)

Robin

Kristy said...

This is SO stinkin' cute!! LOVE it! : )

Kristy

Sarah Biswabic said...

What a cute banner! bbiswabic@new.rr.com or my blog, Crazy About Cards!!

Sassy said...

Amazing banner! Great images.

Lauren T said...

So very cute! I love monsters so this was right u my alley. Thanks for playing at UnstampaBelles.

Unknown said...

this is adorable, love the perfect hand stitching, the colours and well just everything about it!

Maria said...

What a brilliant creation! I' sure your son is made up with this! Thanks for joining in with our Alter It theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria xxxxx

hazel said...

This is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel..

marg0006 said...

Love the stitching and googly eyes.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Michelle VP said...

Absolutely adorable! Love those googly eyes. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesday's Anything but a Card challenge!

Jayne A said...

Fantastic project. Thanks for joining us this time at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne

Deanne Saunders said...

Eek!! So cute!!!! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY challenge!!
~DEANNE~