Monday, March 10, 2014

Monster High Party Week Day 1 - The Invitation!

Happy Monday everyone!  Today you get more bang for your buck!  It is the start of Monster High Party Week here on my blog.  Last month my daughter turned 8 and she wanted a Monster High Party.  This week I will show you a new project every day that I created for her party.  We are also mid-way through the current Linky Party at Craftin Desert Diva's, and it is Team B's turn to inspire you!  Tara challenged us to create a Birthday Party project.  It all just worked perfectly!  Here are the projects that I have created for today:





I even made a video for today's video - it's been months since I made one.  Check it out here:



So, these are the invitations and envelopes that I created for her party.  The MH Logo and Skullette were converted to cut files from coloring pages with my DE software for my Silhouette.   The card base was created with my Cricut.  I welded together a square and 2 scalloped circles, and Voila!  A great Gatefold Invite!!

Now, I did make a second project today.  Unity Stamps Co is one of the sponsors for the linky party.  They gave Design Team Members some stamps to play with from THIS stamp set.  Here is the card I created:



Super cute, isn't it!?!  The candle is from Miss Kate Cuttables, it was one of her freebies, and is now available in her 50 cent store.  The paper for the candle is from Michaels and all the other paper on the card is from an old CTMH paper pack.  I used a great sketch that you can find HERE.



I hope you all come play with us!  There is still 1 week left in our party, so be sure to link up by March 16th.  There are great prizes for a few lucky participants, so get your crafty on!  I can't wait to see what you come up with.

A challenge or two for my cards:
Just be Creative - anything goes
Sweet Stamps - fun folds (invite is a gatefold card)
Fussy and Fancy - birthday
4 Crafty Girls - anything goes
Deconstructed Sketch - sketch (candle card)
Seize the Birthday - anything goes birthday card
Crafty Creations - birthday
Make it Monday - anything goes

A la prochaine...

21 comments:

Brenda said...

Awesome Monster High invites! My grand-daughter would love them. I also love your cute candle card.

Lisa :) said...

Monster High WOW love it! saw you on MIM!

Wendy Fraser said...

Your daughter must have been delighted with these, they're brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

Lisa said...

Both of your projects are so fabulous!! The Monster High invites are so cute and the candle card is adorable!! Love that face!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

these are so cute you should enter into the decorate to celebrate challenge st pat day or birthday hugs

Monika Reeck said...

The card with candle is soo cuuuteee and the Monster High Invites is sooo cute with pink ow...cute cute Inviation I have ever seen :)

I see your card on MIM and hope you like to see my card #14 and would be glad if you love to leave me some love...big hugs, Monika

Monika Reeck said...

The card with candle is soo cuuuteee and the Monster High Invites is sooo cute with pink ow...cute cute Inviation I have ever seen :)

I see your card on MIM and hope you like to see my card #14 and would be glad if you love to leave me some love...big hugs, Monika

Mayras Designs said...

Wow , I love both of your projects !!! They are each fantastic !!!

Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

loz said...

Fabulous projects Michelle. I saw these on MIM..Loz

Migdalia said...

They are both FABULOUS and Fun!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

JoAnn said...

Wow, fabulous Monster High card. Very creative. My granddaughters would love that. Love the cute candle card also. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a great invite- so bright and fun! Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

Kathy Salido said...

Your Monster Hi invites are just fabulous!! Love the birthday candle card too :)

Donna K said...

Monster High…how cute! Love the fold of your invitation Michelle! So happy to see your card linked up at Sweet Stamps . com ! Happy Monday!

Anna-Karin said...

Cute monster. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Hugs
Anna-Karin

Nancy said...

Such a fun cool invitation...sure to make any guest impressed! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Seize the Birthday!

Nancy said...

Such a fun cool invitation...sure to make any guest impressed! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Seize the Birthday!

verybellemakes said...

Two fabulous projects!! Thank you for joining the Crafty Girls challenge, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

Mari said...

What a lovely card!
Thank you for joining us at Sunflowerfield Designs.
Hugs, Mari

Jo Rice said...

Both great projects and so much inspiration. Thank you for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge Blog...Jo. X

Kim B said...

What fun cards!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunflowerfields Designs Challenge. Hugs, Kim B