Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Peachy Birdie

Happy Wednesday!  I must admit, I am feeling a bit under the weather, and was considering NOT playing along with Peachy Keen this week.  It is a color challenge too, and I find those very challenging - well unless they are in my favorite colors - say pink and brown??  I have been on a roll though, and wanted to try to play every week in April - this is the last week, so I decided to play.  Here is what I came up with:


This is a 4x4 card.  I used the SU bird bunch for the main image, I punched her out 5 times, I wanted her to have a little yellow beak, so I created one for her.  I have owned this punch for at least 2 years, and have NEVER used it - don't tell my husband...  I peachied the bird using an eye from PK Critter Faces, and used a sentiment from PK Spring Bouquet.  The paper is all from my scrap box, mostly a mix of SU and Recollections.  The ribbon, is actually yellow, but it's a bit hard to see that - it is from Michael's.

Here is the picture that PK got their color inspiration from.  Not at all my usual colors, but I feel OK about my card.


A challenge or two for my little card:
Peachy Keen - color challenge
Oldie But A Goodie - in the garden or on the farm - my birdie could be either I guess :)
Shopping Our Stash - use an element that starts with "b" (bird punch)
Make My Monday - birds or animals

A la prochaine...

 

10 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad you felt well enough to make a project- Your bird is so elegant. Well done!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Making this card hopefully would have cheered you up ..as it is so bright and sunny looking. Great Card! Thank you for entering the Make My Monday challenge this week! Suzanne:)

Glora said...

That bird is beautiful. you did a terrific job on this challenge as always! Love it! Hugs- Glora

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the eye you've drawn on your little birdie! Your color are FABULOUS! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

GiGi said...

What a cute birdie! The paisley paper is fab!

Sherrie K. said...

Pretty card-love the paper! Great job on the challenge:) Good luck!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Debs said...

Super sweet card.
Thanks for playing along with us at An Oldie But Goodie this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Fliss said...

Really lovely card. Thanks for joining in over at MMM this week and good luck wishes to you.
Fliss x

CarlaKH said...

How sweet is that little bird! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Jennie Garcia said...

So cute!! I LOVE that bird!! Thanks For Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/