Sunday, April 8, 2012

Disney Week - Minnie Card

Hi everyone, and welcome to Disney week!  This is not a hop... it is just a group of  crafters who have decided to  post Disney related projects on our sites this week (including Hello Kitty, Pixar, Pooh, Sesame Street, etc.) Some people might post a new project every day; others may only get a few projects out all week, but we will all be showcasing DISNEY (or some other animated character).

There is a link list at the bottom of this post of all the Disney crafters playing along. Feel free to visit us this week and be inspired.  Here is my first project:


My daughter's best friend had a birthday this week.  She just came home from Disney, so naturally, Minnie Mouse seemed the way to go.  She is cut from Mickey and Friends.  The paper is a mix of Stampin Up and Recollections.  The buttons are from Walmart and the sentiment stamp is form TPC Greetings, which I picked up on sale at my LSS.  I followed a sketch for this card - sketches are tricky for me, but I have been enjoying trying them, it pushes me out of my comfort zone a bit...

I will have another Disney project for you tomorrow - at least I hope I will :)  I plan to have a few hours in my craft room, let's hope that works out...




A challenge or two for my little card:
Stamps a Lot Challenge - birthday
Stampin Sisters in Christ - a joyful card that celebrates something
My Sheri Crafts - birthday card for under 5
Deconstructed Sketch - number 46



A la prochaine...

 

14 comments:

Brigitte said...

Great card and awesome job on the sketch!!! Hugs, Brigitte

Norma Gomez said...

How sweet, her friend is gonna love the card!

ShelbyWoo said...

Great Job on the minnie! Thanks for sharing with us over at My Sheri Crafts!

Schell said...

Great card! My mother in law LOVES Minnie Mouse :o) Hugs!

Janis Lewis said...

Michelle, your card is so happy! I love how you did the background blocking and embossing. You are so creative!! :) Janis

Heather Lynn said...

very cute! love the buttons and the minnie is so adorable!

Amanda said...

What a cute card! Love your buttons! They go so well with Minnie!! :) TYFS :)


Amanda
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

This is SO CUTE!!! I love the different mats with the embossing and the buttons. Minnie is adorable! Awesome card!

pinky said...

Very happy card! Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

brenda said...

What a great card Michelle and perfect for our theme.

Thank you so much for joining our Birthday celebrations at Stampalot challenge and really hope you can join in our blog hop with so many prizes to win.

B x

Traci M said...

You can't get much more joy-ful than Minnie Mouse!! Adorable card and thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!

Unknown said...

What a sweet card. I am sure your daughters friend will love it.

Sharon said...

Minnie is adorable! She is so happy!! Love this sweet card! :)

Francesca said...

Beautiful , Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca