Sunday, April 15, 2012

Inside Out

Happy Sunday everyone!!  I have a new project to share with you today.  As some of you know, I have been doing some coloring lately, using chalk and colored pencils.  These are new techniques for me, and I have been enjoying playing with them.  I got some new stamps for my birthday too, and they work perfectly with my new coloring skills - imperfect though they may be.  Here is my card.



Sadly, this card was needed.  I attended a funeral this past week for a beautiful and kind woman who died of cancer,  she was only a couple of years older than me, and her children slightly younger than mine.  It was a sad, but beautiful celebration of her life.  I made this card for her family.

The flower stamp is Cherry Blossoms from Flourishes.  I colored it with my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I used the same stamp set on the inside of the card too.  The sentiments come from a Stampin Up set called Close as a Memory.  The paper is Stampin Up and Recollections.  I used Cuttlebug Victoria Embossing folder for the pink layer.  I was really happy with how this card turned out.  I hope it brings the family some comfort.

A challenge or two for my card:
Craft Us Crazy - flowers
Simon Says Stamp - april showers bring may flowers (I focused on the may flowers :)
Twisted Tuesdays - use flowers (no roses or rosettes)
House of Gilli - flowers
My Craft Spot - inside and out
2 Sisters - flowers

A la prochaine...

 

11 comments:

Brigitte said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure the family will greatly appreciate it! Your card is amazing and your colouring pure perfection!!! I love it. Hugs, Brigitte

Melina said...

This is gorgeous! I love that stamp! Wow! Thank you for playing at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

Patty Gorka said...

So sorry you needed a sympathy card, but this is simply beautiful. Your coloring is gorgeous too! Love how you stamped on the inside as well! Thanks for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday!

AnnMarie said...

Very sorry to hear about the need for this card, but you did a beautiful job on it. Thanks for playing along over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

Schell said...

Very pretty sympathy card, sad that we have to use them :o( Hugs!

GiGi said...

Beautiful card Michelle! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the embossed background! I am sorry to hear that you had need for it, but I'm sure the family will treasure your heartfelt thoughts.

Unknown said...

What a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at 2 sisters!

rockpapercricut said...

Lovely! You did a wonderful job coloring the cherry blossoms. The sentiment you used created a beautiful card. Thanks for entering your card in this week's challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

Ally

Esther said...

Lovely sympathy card!

Joy said...

It is truly never easy making these types of cards, but you have executed it perfectly...thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly