Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thanksgiving...

It is challenge day over at Cricut Cardz Challenge. Todays challenge is to do a Thanksgiving card with any cartridge you want. This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada, so the timing was perfect. I am going to give this card to my mum and dad this weekend. We always go away together for the holidays. Here is what I came up with:







This is a step card. I knew I wanted to use both the pilgrims, and do some kind of staircase or side step card, but I wanted it to have two steps. After much searching, I found THIS tutorial. It seemed to fit the bill perfectly. I widened the side panels a bit to fit my pilgrims, but other than that, followed the directions exactly.

The cartridges I used were Paper Doll Dress Up, Create a Critter, and Opposites Attract - I welded the word "harvest" on my Gypsy. The paper involoved is mostly Stampin Up, but some is from my scraps box. The Happy Thanksgiving stamp is from Stampendous and the cute little faces are from Peachy Keen Stamps. I was pretty happy with how the card turned out.

Hope you all come play with us over at Cricut Cardz Challenges - and be sure to check out all the other Design Team members submissions.

A la prochaine...

15 comments:

365 Days of Cricut said...

Wow this is amazing!

Candice F said...

I love your card. I have never heard of a step card before. Great job!!!

Anita said...

Awesome job!! Thanks for the tutorial!! Lets see if I can make one. I'm sure it won't be as nice as yours! Great Job!! Anita

Unknown said...

This is just darling :)

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Wow! Very nice. Love your card.

Vee (CCC DT2)

Celeste B. said...

What a beautiful card! I love the folds and the doodling. I love it, TFS! :)

created by connie said...

I am impressed! I have never seen this kind of card before. GREAT job!!

Connie (DT#2)

Sharon said...

This is just awesome!! I went and watched the tutorial and took some notes. I will be giving this a try. Did one once, but the instructions weren't as good as these. It didn't turn out at all!! I just looooove your card!! :) Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll! :)

Monica Ward said...

This is too cute. Like what you did with the card base. Great job on you DT card for CCC #45!!

Janis Lewis said...

I think this is awesome! :) Janis

beejay said...

This is adorable, makes a perfect step card! Great job team mate, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Karen Aicken said...

SUCH a cute card! I love how you used PDDU, and that little CAC turkey is soooo darned cute. Great card for the CCC challenge - TFS!
(I'm in Alberta -- Happy Thanksgiving to you!!)
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapcooking.com

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest card!! The step card is perfect! I love it! -Nicole (DT#1)

Carol L said...

OMG... This card is super cute! I will be trying to create somothing like that ;0). I have been looking around your blog and I see you are very talented! I just became your newest follower and I can wait to see more! I would love if you can visit my blog sometime ;0)

Sweet hugs,
Carol L.

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE how this card came out for this weeks challenge! It's totally ADORABLE! :o)
Theresa