Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Finally Time...

If you're looking for my Breast Cancer card for CCC click HERE
If you are looking for my pumpkin card for CWC click HERE

Look at me with three posts on the same day!! I am fighting off the flu, but have found time to cut out a few cards today, between the nose blowing and the sinus headaches. I will be posting them over the next couple of days. I bought myself a new stamp set on pre-order about a month ago from a Canadian girl called Simply Sweet Stamps. They arrived last week and this is the first chance I've had to play with them. They are so cute!!

Today I used my new stamps to participate in Emma's Throwback Thursday challenge. Emma's challenges are among the first I participated in on the web, but lately, with my 12 hour shifts, I just haven't had the time to participate. Today I found the time :) The challenge was to make an animal project, using an older cartridge. I chose Paisley, which although it isn't that old, I do tend to neglect it, and I really, really wanted it... so i figured it fit the parameters. Here is what I came up with:



The turtle is from Paisley, and the stamp is from Simply Sweet Stamps. The paper is mostly SU as is the pink ribbon. It is a bit of a simple card, but I love how it turned out! Be sure to check back in tomorrow to see another card I made with my new stamps.

A la prochaine...

8 comments:

Liz said...

Love the little details. I never think to add stitching or dots. Really cute card

Melissa said...

This so stinkin' cute! I'm now stalking your blog! :)

I absolutely love your family photo on your sidebar!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Oh how super cute!!! I love it! :)

jen said...

Oh how I love the colors...this card is so cute!! I love pink!!! :)
I'm now following your blog. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime.
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Now this is the CUTEST thing I've seen all day--I absolutely LOVE how you added the cherry to the snail--haha! So cute!
I've joined as a follower--would love if you would come over and follow my blog too!

My Creative Time said...

OMG!!! I JUST THINK YOUR CARD IS THE CUTEST!!! ADORABLE AND GREAT SENTIMENT!! GREAT JOB W/THE CHALLENGE MY FRIEND!!
GYPSY HUGS,
EMMA;)

Dorcas said...

This one made me giggle! Love the sentiment! Its just so cute! This will brighten anyones day!

so_sweet_n_simple said...

Thanks so much for the shout out Michelle Im so glad you love my stamps and what a sweet card <3 Hugs Jess