Monday, October 11, 2010

Orange...

Let me start by saying that orange is one of my least favorite colors. I don't know why, it is bright, and cheerful, and warm... it just doesn't do it for me somehow. Needless to say, when I saw that today's challnege over at Paper Playtime was to use orange as your main color, I thought, well, this is going to be a challenge! I then thought about everything I love that is orange. Leaves in the fall, embers in a fire place, popsicles, pumpkins, oranges, carrot...you get the idea. I knew this was a challenge that would suit me just fine :)

I decided to make another easel card. I am just loving them these days! I pulled out my Mini Monsters, and here is what I came up with:






I thought this turned out pretty cute! I really liked the little candies - they are from Mini Monsters too, and are what I decided to use to hold open the card. The paper is pretty much all Stampin Up, and the stamp is from my LSS. It came from a $1 bin, so I have no idea who made it. Sorry...

I hope you all come along and play with us at Paper Playtime Have a wonderful day.


A la prochaine...

5 comments:

Celeste B. said...

You did a beautiful job!!! :) I keep forgetting to tell you that I love the pic of you and your hubby and the one with the four of you! They are beautiful pics! :)

Jen said...

That is so totally CUTE! I love his snaggle-tooth grin! Great job on the card -- I think I'm going to have to buy this cartridge.

Sharon said...

Oh Gosh what an awesome jack-o-lantern!!! I love that wonderful smile he has. Orange isn't my most fav color either but I seem to use it a lot. Great idea to use the candy to hold it open. :)

GabyCreates.com said...

Cute card! I just followed you! See you on CWCDT this Wednesday!
GabyCreates.com

365 Days of Cricut said...

I love the shape of your card and the candy goes so well with it!
Sandra