Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A First For Me... And a Challenge

So today marks a first for me - I actually used a Digi Stamp - first time! Today over at Cooking with Cricut the challenge is Halloween - but cute Halloween, not spooky halloween. We have a sponsor this week The Cutting Cafe and when I went to take a peek at her digi stamps, I fell in LOVE with the cute little witch feet! I knew I had to try my hand at digital stamps - here is what I came up with:







I designed this card on my Gypsy, using the font from Robotz to weld "BOO" to the side of my card. The paper is all from SU, and the patterned paper is from My Minds Eye. I used my SU markers to color in my digi. I have to say, I wasn't thrilled with how the coloring went. The color bled a little bit, and the marker didn't cover very well. I don't know if it's because I needed to use different ink in my printer, or because I used the wrong markers. Like I said, I am new at all the digi stuff :)

On the flip side, I LOVE how this turned out. I love her in the pretty bright colors. I think she looks so cute and friendly... like Glenda the Good Witch. I am excited to try digis again. Maybe next time I will use my color pencils...

Some challneges:
Fantabulous Cricut - frighten me or not
Ooh-La-La Challenge - spooky
Crafty Purple Frog - anything goes
Top Tip Tueday - anything goes
One Stitch at a Time - celebrations

A la prochaine...

15 comments:

Leanne said...

This is fabulous - I love the way that you have done the 'boo'!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday - good luck!

Leanne xx

Celeste B. said...

So cute! I love the 'Boo' on the side; and the phrase inside is perfect!!! TFS! :)

BrandiLynn said...

great take on this weeks theme I love that stamp I actually have a similar rubber one :)

Carol said...

Yes - I too like the Boo.
Thank you for joining us at OLL.
Carol
xx

Agnieszka M said...

Your card is sooo cute.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this time. Good Luck!
Hugs, Agnieszka

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Lovin the BOO & your colouring is fab!
Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week! Good Luck! Hugs Shell xx

kaos said...

Cute card - it is a sweet image - and the BOO is a great touch

Thanks for entering the first Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!
kaos

Liz said...

Really wonderful work great detail thanks for playing along with our theme at OSAAT
LIZ XXX
OSAAT

Sharon said...

I think you did a fantastic job with your coloring! Love the leggings and shoes! Such a super cute stamp!!! And an awesome card!!! :)

Gem said...

this is fab Michelle, love the shape of the card edge! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at OSAAT! Gemma :)

Janis Lewis said...

This is so bright and awesome! Love it! :) Janis

Jenna said...

I love the digi stamp! Maybe I'll be brave enough to try one now ;)

Kate said...

What a great image. I love those multi-coloured socks!
Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

Sherri said...

Spooktacular project!!! Thanks for playing at FCCB!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Very nicely done!! Love those leggs and the cut-out BOO. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut for Frightful Week.