Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cooking with Cricut Challenge

Melin over at Cooking with Cricut is starting some weekly challenges on her blog, and I was chosen to be part of her first design team. Isn't that exciting? She included designers who use cut files with their electronic die cutting machines, digital stamp users, and traditional cricut users. I would fall under the final category.

Her first challenge is Love-Sweetest Day. Here is what I came up with.





For this challenge, I cracked open my Sweethearts Cartridge. I bought it about a month ago, and have only used it once... don't tell my husband :) Isn't that little nest and birds adorable?? The shape that the birds are on, is also from Sweethearts, I manipulated the dimensions on my Gypsy so that it would fit on the top of my easel card. The "I love you" is from my Pink Stamper stamps. I have been a bit obsessed with easel cards lately, they are so fun, and easy to make, but I think they look lovely. I promise to make something else soon. The border punch i used is from EK Success and the flower rhinestones were tucked in my stash. The paper and ribbon are from my scraps box.

I hope you all take time to head over to Cooking with Cricut, I would love to see what you all come up with for Sweetest Day, this coming Saturday. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

A la prochaine...

9 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Very pretty card Michelle!! Easel cards are one of my favorites, too! TFS

BrandiLynn said...

so adorable and a wonderful twist on the easle card so excited to be creating with you @ cwc :)

Sheena said...

too CUTE!

kramer_buffy said...

OMG...those birdies are waaaay too cute... love them... CONGRATS!!!!

-- dalis

Celeste B. said...

What a beautiful card, I love the colors! TFS! :)

Sharon said...

Congrats on being on the DT! Wonderful!! Your card is just adorable. I just love it!!! :)

Unknown said...

Isn't that just precious!

Jenna said...

That's very fun!

Lolliscraps said...

So sweet!