Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Mini Album

This week at Cricut Mini Albums the theme was fall. I decided to make a book on my Gypsy. I have to say that this book was a real struggle to make. For some reason, my expression has been REALLY unhappy cutting cereal box weight cardboard. I even bought a Thick Cut blade, hoping that would help. It did not. I have no idea what the problem is, but it was extremely frustrating. Here is what I came up with:

















The cartridges I used for this book are George and Basic Shapes, Mickey Font - for the "FALL", Sweethearts for the tree and leaves, Streach Your Imagination for the 1st leaf and Mickey and Friends for the second leaf. The cardstock was all Stampin Up and the patterned paper is from My Big Ideas.

You may recognize the front page of this little book. I made an almost identical card a few weeks ago. I liked it so much that I decided to use it for my album. Despite the challenges making this album I think it turned out pretty cute. I hope you all head over to Cricut Mini Albums, and try your hand at a fall album.

Other challeneges:
Baby Bud Design - fall
Marks Finest Paper/ Speedy's Friends - stitching
Inktegrity - fall
Craftalicious - anything goes
Little Red Wagon - something old (George and Basic Shapes Cartridge and SU paper) something new (My Big Ideas paper and Sweethearts cartridge)
Crazy 4 Challenges - fall
Pear Tree - free for all
Totally Paper Crafts - autumn
The Stamp Man Challenge - fall

A la prochaine...

18 comments:

Rosanne said...

Lovely book!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Anne said...

Hi Michell
Adorable little album, great work
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts this week
Anne x

Raquel said...

Back at you fello cricut mini Dt member. Your book is also oh so cute. i just love the paper selection you choose. When ever I make my books like this I just glue on the cricut die cuts because I also ran into the same problem when cutting cereal boxes too, so you are not the only one.

Sharon said...

I love it! I love it!!! I keep telling myself that I'm gonna do a mini album like this and I haven't yet. I think I need to work on that tonight. At least get something going in my Gypsy so I'll have to finish it! Yours is just beautiful! Love all the fall colors. :)

Mary Anne said...

your creation is beautiful. love the colors and images, perfelcty autumn
thanks for joining our challenge
Mary Anne
babybuddesigns

Welcome! said...

Wow great fall colours! Love this! Thanks for joining us in our very first challenge at Baby Bud Designs!
Krista :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great little book! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

ScrappyJess said...

I'm sorry your E didn't want to cooperate! Your album is so pretty and vibrant! Thanks for visiting me, I can't wait to work together again!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous book.Love the colours and papers you've chosen.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a fabulous album. Love the papers - those autumn colours are gorgeous. The individual, little leaves on the tree are perfect.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Joanne Travis said...

I love your beautiful fall album, Michelle! Such a pretty selection of papers and colors.
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

Purple Card Lady said...

Fab creation! Thanks for joining us for Inktegrity's Hump Day challenge.

Sheena said...

Great Fall mini album!!

Clare Lloyd said...

Great album there. Thanks for joining our 'free for all' @ PTD this week. Good Luck! x

Susie said...

Fab album, love the autumn theme and papers you've used! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this delightful autumn album!!

Thank you so much, Michelle, for sharing this fabulous project with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's stitching challenge!!

The Stamp Man said...

I LOVE your book, it was definitely worth the battle to make it.

Thank you for entering your beautiful book into The Stamp Man autumn challenge

Jill

Virgo5 said...

Great fall book, love all the pages!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!