Saturday, October 30, 2010

Falling behind...

I have had the loveliest 24 hours - well, other than some wicked temper tantrums by a certain 4 year old... I am feeling much better, and have gotten a ton of crafting done. With all the design teams I'm on, I have noticed that I am really far behind on my Christmas cards. Usually by now I would be well on my way, this year, not so much... So I decided to make a trial run of a card today. Here is what I came up with - sorry about the picture:



The stamp of the holy family is from stampendous - it is hard to see, but it is in gold embossing. The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms - also embossed. The paper is all Stampin Up and the gold ribbon is from my stash. It was pretty easy to make, and one I might think about making 20 or so of. That is always good, as we send out at least 100 cards each year.

Some challenges:
Papertake Weekly - sparkly and bright (i think gold embossing counts)
Fab'n'Funky - clean and simple
ABC Challenge Blog - glitter
Speedy the Cat Challenge - holiday
Wee Memories - anything goes
2 Sisters - no designer paper
Our Daily Bread - sparkle
No Time to Stamp - CAS christmas
Stampavie and more - christmas

I'll be back tomorrow with my new album for Cricut Mini Albums - see you all then!

A la prochaine...

Michelle

16 comments:

Dorcas said...

Very pretty! I really like the embossing!

Linda said...

I love your card.Thanks for sharing
http://ikolinda-scrappinmomma.blogspot.com

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this beautiful silhouette nativity!! What a sensational Christmas card!

A fabulous addition to the Friends of Speedy the Cat's holiday card challenge!! Thank you for playing along and sharing your wonderful work with us, Michelle!

Sharon said...

Beautiful!! The embossing is awesome! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very nice! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a beautifully done Christmas card - just love it -- so glad you played the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

Georgiana said...

Such a lovely card. Enjoy making more!

Georgiana

Stacy Walker said...

Very elegant card. Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge.

karen said...

Great card and I love the design, thanks for joining us at Fab N funky this week..... Karen x

redwasher1 said...

Lovely Holiday card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy's Friends.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty!! I love the silhouette and the simple elegance. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge this week.

Laurel said...

This is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Such an awesome card!!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Joanne (jojot) said...

CAS and lovely...thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week

Michele Gross said...

Very pretty! Love the simplicity, really lets the sentiment ring out :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories! :)