Monday, July 19, 2010

Web surfing

I had so much fun doing the challenges in the past few weeks, I decided to try to find some more. Thinking outside the box is a very good thing, especially for me. I tend to get stuck in ruts. I found this great website called the Daily Dare -http://dailydare4u.blogspot.com/ It posts lots of challenges every day, and I found a few that were a nice combo of inside and outside the box :)



So the paper here is all SU. The brown ribbon, I bought at Walmart. The stamp is a House Mouse stamp - and I love it, I think it's so cute! The sentiment is from My Pink Stamper. The mat the stamp is on is from Once Upon a Princess. I manipulated the shape on my Gypsy to make it the right size. I used my Prismacolor Pencils for the first time ever on this card - so this was WAY outside my box. I am pleased with the overall look of the card, and it wasn't too hard to do.

So the challenges I am entering this into are all firsts for me. I am excited to be doing new challneges!

a)Paper playtime - http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/ Their challenge this week is "Flower Power" and my cute little mouse is on a Lilac.

b) House Mouse Challenges - http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com/ their challnge this week was the letter B. Anything goes, as long as you can somehow tie it in to "B". I figured my lilac were "Blossoms" - that counts, right?

c) The Pink Elephant - http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/ Their challenge this week, was a color challenge. Brown. The base of the card is SU Chocolate Chip and there is a brown ribbon.

Hope you like my cute little card. I hope to make one more card tomorrow, but am leaving on wednesday for a few days at the cottage with the kids. Hopefully the weather will be good.

A la prochaine...

9 comments:

Lisa said...

This is sooooo cute! The colouring is amazing, and that lil mouse is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Michelle!

This is such a sweet card! I think that little mouse is so cute. :)

If you are interested...I would be willing to help you get some Cricut Lite carts. I shop for a couple international girls already. I am more then happy to purchase what you want and ship it to you. You can reimburse me through Paypal. I don't make any money, you just reimburse me cost of the items,the cost of shipping, and the 5.5% fee that Paypal charges me for the money transfer. It is o.k. if you are not interested...I just thought I would offer. :)

Ruthie :)

Janis Lewis said...

This is a beautiful card! Love the image, the colors and the frame on the card. Great job! Thanks for playing in paper this week with FLOWER POWER at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Alex said...

really pretty :) tfs :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Hey...don't forget your B-eautiful B-rown ribbon too LOL! Lovely shape on your card...this mouse looks like he is really having a grand snooze! Wish I could join him! LOL Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

Sue said...

Michelle, your coloring is wonderful, can't believe it's your first time with colored pencils....beautiful. Love the layout of your card too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you back next time.

Take Care
Sue Drees

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love that beautiful image and so fabulously coloured.
Thanks for playing along with us at House Mouse & Friends.
hugs Heather xx

Christine said...

Stunning creation gorgeous image & colouring great shape..
Thanks for sharing & joining us at HM&F Monday chall.

Hugs Christine xx

Lisa said...

loooooooooooooooove this image!!! I may have to hunt this stamp down:) Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at HM&F Challenge!