Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sqeezed in another!

So I managed to squeeze in another challenge before going to bed. I am entering this in a couple of challenges:
a) Paper Cutz Challenges. Their challenge for this week was to do a western theme. Now as a girl from Nova Scotia, this was slightly outside the box for me, I have never been west of Ontario.

b) Raising the Bar: Challenge #27. They were doing a "wedding challenge" this week. Something old: The bandana paper I have held onto for 8 years in my stash, Something new: My Once Upon a Princess cartridge that I used to create the card, Something Borrowed/ recycled: I used some paper from my scrap stash and Something blue: - all the blue paper - in her skirt, and the card base.

c) If the Shoe Fits... Is having a vacation theme this week. Now I have never vacationed in the west, but a friend of mine just got back from the Calgary stampede and had so much fun! It is now on my wish list of some day vacations.

So here is what i came up with...



So this cute little lady was made on my Gypsy using Once Upon a Princess for the Cow Girl - Cut at 4 1/2. George and Basic shapes for the rectangle of the card, and Robotz for the font - cut at .9" which I welded to the rectangle.



The paper is mostly SU, except the blue for her skirt and hat and the brown of teh boots which are from my scrap box, so who knows. The bandana paper is old Creative Memories from many moons ago. I held onto it for some reason in my stash.



I was really pleased with how this card turned out! I think she is super cute! I love OUAP, but haven't used it much. I hope this is the start of a new trend for me, using that cute cartridge. Hope you like it!

A la prochaine...

9 comments:

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Michelle,
This is the cutest card! I love cards that have welded letters on the edges. That little cowgirl is my favorite cut from the Once Upon a Princess cart. :)
Ruthie :)

Georgiana said...

I like how you have Howdy! on the side of your card. I am assuming you did that with your Gypsy. I do not have one...yet. I think I need to add it to my wish list.

If you get a chance, please come take a peek.

Cristi said...

Love your card Michelle! SO cute. I just love that cartridge so much!!
HUGS
Cristi

scrappinC said...

Hi Michelle,
I love your card it is awesome. I use my Gypsy for welding or adding words all the time. Thanks for stopping by my site to see my Howdy Horse card.
Hugs
Cindy

Unknown said...

That looks fantastic!

Helen Dooley said...

cute! thanks for playing on PCC this week,

Unknown said...

OMGosh...soooo cute! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar this week!

Denise G said...

This card is awesome. The cowgirl is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

so super cute! thanks for joining us on our Shoe vacation!