Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another Day another Challenge - or two - or three

So I have had a very busy 24 hours of crafting! I made 3 frames - one name frame for my nephews's room and 2 Frames that are actually for family pictures, but I used my Cricut to help decorate the mat within the frame. I have also made 4 different cards. A birthday card, the card I am showing you below, and two other cards that I can't share yet. Not till Friday... can't tell you what they are, but I am excited about them.

Anyway, here is today's card:




So this christmas tree is from Hello Kitty Greetings - i have never cut this tree before, it's cute. I also cut the oval and the shadow on my Gypsy. I think the shadow might have been a bit too big. The paper is either from StampinUp, or my scrap box. The ribbon is StampinUp and so is the Noel Stamp. So here are the challenges I am participating in with this card:

a) Cardz TV - where Mary challenged us to make a card with a Christmas Tree.

b) Cupcake Craft Challenge - Where we were challenged to do a pastel Christmas card. Which was harder than I had expected, honestly :)

c) The Pink Elephant - Where they were doing a sketch challenge. I tend to steer clear of sketches. I love the idea of them, but they often don't come together the way I see them in my head. i am fairly happy with this one.

I hope you come back tomorrow to see the name frame I made for my nephews. I may even try to sqeeze in another challenge :)

A la prochaine...

6 comments:

sophiesmama said...

Great Christmas card, Michelle! Thanks for joining the challenge at Cardz TV!
Hugs,
Mary

Dorcas said...

Very pretty tree! Love this card! TFS!
~Dorcas

beejay said...

Very cute, nice job with the pastels, TFS!

365 Days of Cricut said...

That is so pretty I love the color combo!

http://365daysofcricut.blogspot.com/

Kruemel said...

Love the card - reminds me to use my Cricut bugs more often... Love how you added the saying and the embossed background adds a very elegant touch!

Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake this week!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Michelle, what a fun card. The tree is perfect and the embossing looks fantastic. Thanks for joining in with my "pastel Christmas" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
Ps I have candy on my blog if you want to call over :)