Saturday, July 31, 2010

Paper playtime challenge #9

Another day, another challenge. Paper Playtime is doing a BBQ challenge this week. This was a bit of a challenge for me, until I remember I had this great stamp set from MFT - here is what I came up with:



The paper is StampinUp and the ink is Memento and Stampin Up. I used my Prismacolor pencils and baby oil. This is a really new technique to me - I have only used it 3 or 4 times, and all in the past few weeks. I'm not thrilled with the coloring this time - I think I maybe didn't color enough - so I was trying to blend color that wasn't really there? I don't know. The red background paper is actually BBQ paper - hard to see - but there are forks and knives and a spatual on it in a slightly lighter red. I found it in my scrapbox, it's been there for about 2 years.

I am going to try something different for tomorrow's post. I am working my second of 4 twelve hour shifts tomorrow, and will not have the time to finish a project tomorrow, like I did tonight. I am going to try to save a post, so all I have to do tomorrow is publish it. We'll see how it works :)

Thanks for dropping by, hope you're all having a great weekend!

A la prochaine...

3 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Fun card and stamps you used! Good gosh, 12 hour shifts? I'd be sleeping standing up. LOL Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime. I hope you'll come back tomorrow and see the new week's challenge. :) Janis

Lisa said...

So fun! Love the little steaks...yummmm!

Beebeebabs said...

Toooo cute thanks for sharing!!!