Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm a Guest Designer!!

Can you believe it?? Last week my little cowboy girl card was chosen at Raise the Bar challnege. That meant I was asked to be a guest designer for tis week's challenge. The challenge this week is a "sticky situation" which meant we had to use a sticker on our card!! GASP! I haven't used a sticker in forever!!

It was a real challenge for me to come up with something, but eventually I came up with 2 submissions (after running to my LSS for help). here is what I came up with:





This card uses Peel Off stickers and Glitter Ritz. I had never used either item before. Man! That glitter ritz gets every where!! I cut the ornaments out by hand, and pop dotted them. the "joy" is from Joys of the Season (I think)





So i designed and welded this little baby on my Gypsy. Using George and Create a Critter. The Stickers I used as accents are Imaginisce "sticker glass". The paper for both is mostly Stampin Up, though some from my scrap boxes.

I have to be honest, if I hadn't been chosen as a guest designer this week, I would probably not have participated. This was way outside the box for me. But on the whole, I am happy with the results. Anyway, thanks for looking!

A la prochaine...

8 comments:

Kath said...

Wonderful - I absolutely LOVE the JOY card - great job!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Lovely cards, love all the sparkle on the Christmas card. TFS.

Grandma Bugs Place said...

Love the cards! TFS
I favor the ornaments card - nice glitter and ribbon for them to hang.

Marcie
http://www.marciespaper.blogspot.com/

Jingle said...

These are really cute!

Anonymous said...

Great job! Your use of color is fantastic.

mary stuart said...

Love your ornament card!
It is lovely - although a bit messy to make!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us!

Electra said...

I'm glad you were chosen, I got to see your work. The ornament card is spectacular!!

Rhonda Emery said...

congrats. Your cards are so pretty