Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Christmas in July - take 2 or is it three?

Yesterday I mentioned a website I found The Daily Dare http://dailydare4u.blogspot.com/ I found a couple of sites that were doing a Christmas in July Challenge. This is the card I made for the challenges:



This is a 9x4 card (which was the requirement for one of the challenges). The Papaer is mostly all Stampin Up, but I did grab a few things from my scrap box. The star is cut from Joys of the Season. The manger and Baby Jesus are both from Paper Doll Dress Up. The sentiment is from Stampin Up, and is one of my Christmas favorites. I used 2 Cuttlebug folders for this card. I used the snowflake folder on the navy paper behind the vellum, and ran over it with a white ink pad. On the hay, I used the bamboo embossing folder (I think that's what it's called0 I thought it made it look more like hay. The challenges I am submitting this for are below:

a) Cardz TV http://www.cardztv.blogspot.com/ where we were challenged to use ribbon, lace or buttons on a card. The white ribbon on this card is from the dollar store. I always love what ribbon adds to a card.

b) The Cuttle Bug Spot http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/ Christmas in july was their challenge. This is the first time I have entered one of their challenges.

c) Friends Having Fun http://friendshavingfun.com/ is a spot I found yesterday while playing on the daily dare. Their challenge this week was to make a 4x9 christmas card that used one of your favorite techniques. These days I seem to be loving the little touches - doodling, stitching, chalking. On this card I stitched and chalked Baby Jesus, which I think brings him to life a bit.

d) Fantabulous Cricut http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/ That had a Christmas in July for their "Challenge me Monday" this week.

Two things I need to figure out? How to spell check my posts, and how to properly link to other blogs or websites. Tomorrow I leave town with the kids, heading to the cottage. My husband will join us on Friday, so no more posts from me till at least Sunday. Hope everyone has a great week!

A la prochaine...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

To link a blog just copy the link from the site... Then when u ready, highlight the name of the blog on your text box, then clink the icon with the chain which is the link, a box appear there ur going to paste the link of the blog then click ok... It will be add to the box where uoy are posting.. Hope this help.

mum of two said...

Thanks for the help! I fixed it in this post :)

sophiesmama said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Cardz TV!
Hugs,
Mary

Rebecca said...

I love this! Thanks for playing along with us at Friends Having Fun!

Kate said...

Oh, I love this!! (I used the same cut for my project this week!) I collect nativity sets and I just love it when I see anything to do with the nativity. I love the baby with the big star overhead. That verse is just perfect. The doodling and torn paper looks great!
Thanks for playing along at FCCB!
A la prochaine!

Michelle said...

what a sweet little card, love the all the inking you did! great job!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

I love how the star appears to be sweetly holding him from turning over in his manager. Sweet card effective colors and shapes. Very beautiful paper coordinations It is simply gorgeous! Thnaks for playing iwth us at fantabulous Cricut!

Sherri said...

Love your card!

Thanks for being Fantabulous!!

Stampleigh said...

Great card! I love that cut! I also love that you went with a different size card!

Thanks for playing at the Fantabulous Cricut this week!
Leigh