Sunday, July 25, 2010

A little late...

So I always try to enter Emma's throwback challenges. I just got home from the cottage and knew there was a midnight deadline, so I rush and get the card done. Only to discover the deadline was last night. Oh well, here is my late submission.



The Cupcake was cut at 3.3" from Sweet Treats. the colored paper is mostly from SU, though I used some stuff from my stash. the patterned paper is from Basic Grey. The brown ribbon is I think from Walmart and the sentiment from Stampin Up. I used one of Momo's favorite techniques (Made by Momo), layering a scallop edge. I love this technique and think it looks really pretty :)

So I am entering this into 2 challenges:

a) Emma's Thursday throwback http://www.creativetimeforme.com/ - which is on hiatus till Aug 12th - I may go into witdrawl!! We were challenged to use the Celebration cartridge - or a birthday card if you don't have Celebration. I used Sweet Treats (no celebrations cart. for me yet) and made this "grown up" birthday card - using pretty non-traditional colors for me.

b) Cricut Cardz Challenge - Challenge #34 - where we were challenged to make a card with a cake, cupcake, cookies or candy.

Hope you like my happy birthday card. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, given that I am exhausted after 5 days away with the kids, and didn't have much time to come up with something. I have a cute idea on my Gypsy, that I hope to cut out tomorrow, so please come back and check it out.

A la prochaine...

3 comments:

Jeri said...

Love the blue and brown. Very cute how you put the flower on the cupcake. I love using layered scallops too. Thanks for playing along with us at CCC.

Georgiana said...

I love the colors together.

My Creative Time said...

Michelle, better late than ever my friend!! I am SOOO HAPPY you still shared your BEAUTIFUL card w/all of us!! I think you did an AMAZING JOB!!!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)