Sunday, July 11, 2010

Momo's Tuesday Challenge

So the final challenge I participated in this week is Momo's. She challenged us to make a project about love. I had really hoped to do a scrapbook page with some pictures of my family, because that is what love means to me. Unfortunately I am so far behind in my scrapbooking, that I don't even have a family picture that includes my daughter anywhere but on the computer! Terrible, I know... Instead I decided to do a wedding card. One of DH's cousins is getting married in Ottawa next weekend. Unfortunately we can't go, but I still wanted to make a card.


I cut the couple out of Stretch Your Imagination and silhoutted them. I loved how it turned out. I then stamped my sentiment and embossed it in gold. The background paper looked pretty blah to me. So I stamped some flourishes with Versa Mark, just to add a subtle decoration. I stole a technique from Momo to decorate the bottom of my card. I got 3 pink pieces of paper from my stash. Used the scallop border punch on all of them, and lined them up with a piece of gold ribbon on the top, and VOILA! A lovely border for the bottom of my card. Thanks momo :)
The paper is all from stampin up, as is the sentiment on the front and inside of the card. the gold ribbon I picked up at my LSS. So that's it. thanks for looking,
A la prochaine...

3 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

Michelle - Very pretty! I'm sure they will love it!

I don't have any other way to contact you but I wanted to let you know that I haven't heard back from ScrapHut yet about the Sweet Somethings stamps. If you would like to buy them thru Scrappy Moms I would be happy to ship to Canada but there is no way for me to know how much Customs might charge, so you would have to be responsible it they charge fees when they deliver. I have sent other stamps to Canada without any customs fee but you just never know. :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Shay Shay said...

This is a beautiful card!

Mari AKA Momo said...

This is so beautiful! The colors are super elegant! And the stamping is so perfect! Thanks for joining in on my challenge! XOXO Momo