Monday, September 17, 2012

Paper Playtime - Punches

Happy Monday everyone :)  It is Say it With Sentiments Challenge Day over at Paper Playtime.  Today Janis challenged us to make a project with our punches.  Easy, huh?  Well, not for me... I don't really use my punches that much - terrible, I know.  Here is what I came up with:


A few weeks ago, I took a class at my LSS The Cutting Garden, we made a lovely album.  I decided to make one at home for this project, because it used lots of punches :)  The patterned paper is all from a 6x6 pad from Prima Paper Pad called Nature Garden.  The yummy pink ribbon is from The Cutting Garden.  The flowers are from a die from MFT.  The bird is a SU punch, I also used a SU edge punch on the tan colored strip at the side of each page.  I used my Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.  I also used some Pink liquid pearls.


I cut the mats and tags on my Cricut.  I used an EK Success corner punch to make the pink little corner pieces on the mt on the left page.  Again the tan pieces on the edge of both pages is stamped with a SU edge punch and the pocket on the left hand page uses a different SU edge punch.  The cardstock is all from Michael's.


Don't you love my sentiments?  They are all from a gorgeous Fiskars stamp set called Good Times.  I bought it specifically to make mini albums.  The corner punch this time is a SU punch, and I used the DU bird again. All the ribbon that I used on the tags is from Michael's.  


More SU bird punches, the EK success corner punch and edge punch is SU.  I have used this punch on the edge of each page of this album, but it shows up so well in the pink paper.  On the last page is actually a little book.  I just cut a piece of cardstock at 8 1/2 x 5.  I folded them in half and then pierced two holes in the middle along the "spine" and fed some twine through the 2 holes to make it into a little book.  Lots of extra space to put some pictures at the end of the album.  Every stamp I used in this album is from the Fiskar's Good Time set - it is the PERFECT mini album stamp set.
I hope you hop over to Paper Playtime, see what all the crafting divas came up with to inspire you, and play along with us.  The Robin's Nest is going to give one lucky winner $15 to spend in their store :)


A challenge or two for my mini album:
Hiding in My Craft Room - distressing
Delightful Challenges - anything but a card
Make It Monday - anything goes
Simply Create - anything goes
Freshly Brewed - distressing
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - good things come in small packages (mini album)


A la prochaine...

18 comments:

Shawnee said...

I love the punches you used. This is a beautiful book!

Brigitte said...

WOW Michelle!!!!! YOur book is wonderful, I love the colours! Hugs, Brigitte

Corrinne said...

Fantastic album! I saw you on MIM - My entry is #32 if you'd like to check it out :)

Also, I invite you to join me at the Anything Goes challenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/09/challenge-1-anything-goes-spark-your.html

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

Migdalia said...

A Fabulous and Fun Album!!
Migdalia

papertrails leaver said...

This mini is precious indeed! Love how you have so many tags and pockets! Have a great Monday! :-) Amy

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Michelle!! All of the pages are so beautiful!! What an awesome album!! Love, love it!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous mini album, beautiful details and papers. Thank you for sharing it with us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

loz said...

Beautiful Book and colours. I spotted this on Make-it-Monday..Loz

Faye said...

Hello. I saw Your Beautiful book on MIM..faye

Sharon said...

Awesomeness for sure!!! Oh Michelle, this is so very beautiful!! I love each page. Each sentiment. The details are fabulous!!! :)

Shirley-Anne said...

What a treasure this mini album is .So beautiful .Bit vintage looking . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Laurie HIMCR said...

WOW!! This is fantastic! A lot of distressing and work going on here! GORGEOUS!! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie

Vicky said...

lovely creation so pretty thanks for joining us on challenges 4 everybody hugs vicky

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful little album. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a beautiful album! Lots of hard work has gone into it but it is something to treasure! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Delightful for our Anything But a Card Challenge hugs Susan x

Jenscrapstoo said...

Fabulos book, Just Lovely!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Fliss said...

A beautiful album. Love the soft colours and punched details.
Thanks for joining our small packages challenge at FSC, lovely to have you with us.
Hugs, Fliss x

Unknown said...

this is lovely and so is your blog! Thank you so much for sharing with us at "Challenges4Everybody".
Good luck!