Friday, September 28, 2012

Falling Leaves

I'm back, it's still Friday, and this is my second post today!  I spent some time today in my craft room, I was working on some upcoming projects, and decided to make a fall project.  There have been so many cute fall cards I've been seeing on line, and I decided to play along.  Here is what I came up with:


It's a pretty simple card,  but I am pleased with how it turned out.  The leaves are from B is for Boy.  I did lots of inking on this card, not something I usually do - I used some Tim Holtz Distress ink in Walnut.  I stamped the sentiment in the same ink.  The sentiment is from My Craft Spot's Happy Fall.  The paper is a mix of Recollections, SU and Bazzil, and the ribbon is from Michael's.


A challenge or two for my card:
My Craft Spot - falling leaves
MilkCoffee Challenge - welcome fall
Crafty Creations - autumn leaves
Crafty Sentiments - autumn colors
Broken Box Stock - fall foliage
Clearly Inspired - fall into fall
Emergency Crafters - leaves
Simply Create Too - autumn
Paper Pretties - fall inspired
Everybody Art - autumn
Flourishes - fall theme
Throwdown Tuesday - fall colors
Pispirational - inspiration photo
Getting Cricky - happy fall y'all
Just Some Lines - let's celebrate fall
Crazy 4 Challenges - thanksgiving inspired
Sentimental Sundays - fall
Stuck On You Sketches - we rake, we pile, we jump

A la prochaine...

24 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Very pretty fall card! I love the great fall colors and that sentiment is really cute!

Erica said...

Love the leaves and the coloring.
Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too challenge no. 23. Come back soon.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT member)

snappy scrappy said...

Lovely fall card!! Lee-Ann :)

Bubleeing Colors said...

Love the fall treatment..........such a sweet little image, & U made This more sweeter......Thanks for joining us at Just Some Lines!!!!

SOMA
Just Some Lines DT

Shannon White said...

Fabulous CAS style and I Love your Pretty Fall leaves too! So glad you could join us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

Amanda said...

I love your CAS Fall card! I love the leaves and that you stamped your sentiment on top rather then the bottom like many card creators do :)


Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!!
~ Amanda :)

Meighan Wheller said...

Great CAS card. Love how you have used the leaves and great colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations this week. Regards Meighan

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful card! LOVE those leaves and the ribbon!!! SOOOO glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kathy D. said...

I think the distressed look is perfect for fall! cute card.
Thanks for playing with us at Clearly Inspired Challenge #60 - Fall into Fall. Hope to see you on 10/5/12 when the new challenge is posted and the winners for September!

~ Jo ~ said...

I think this turned out beautiful. Very simple yet beautiful for Fall.

Hugs,
Jo

Tracey said...

I love the simplicity of your card, it is really pretty! All the inking looks great too! Thanks for sharing with us at SOUS:)

Unknown said...

Cute Sentiment Michelle. I love the leaves. Great fall card! Thank you for entering the Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky! Good luck!!! :)

Heather
Getting Cricky Design Team Member

jimlynn said...

CAS and a fantastic card! Love the leaves and the sentiment is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges!
Lynn

Jeannie said...

Lovely Autumn leaves! Thanks so much for joining us for the Fall Foliage challenge at Broken Box Stock.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Tammy E. said...

Such a nice fall card. Very creative. This is just so darn cute! So glad you could,play along with us at SOUS.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Michelle, I seeing a lot of beautiful leaves, not falling quite yet. Your card is a wonderful reminder of the season! Than you for joining us at {Pin}spirational challenges!

Missy said...

I think the simple look is perfect for your images! It's peaceful, like leaves falling!! Great card!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This card is simply beautiful! Love the autumn leaves!

Thank you for participating in this week's {PIN}Spirational Challenge!

Unknown said...

Such a cute knot for the bow. Great card :-)
Thanks for playing along at {PIN}spirational challenges this week.

Unknown said...

Simply wonderful! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great Fall card~ how cool is that?! Thanks for playing along with SOUS!

GiGi said...

Gorgeous card Michelle! I love the simple design and the striking color combo! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Lisa Norris said...

Pretty card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck on U Sketches!

Deanne Saunders said...

What a great card!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!