Friday, September 7, 2012

Exploring Cricut - Hospital Survival Kit

I f you are looking for my Cardz TV Holiday Planner click HERE.  If you are looking for my Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge Music project click HERE.

Happy Friday!  Today is my day to share a project over at Exploring Cricut.  One of my best friends had surgery yesterday.  I decided to make her a Hospital Survival Kit and a cute little card.  Here is is:


Isn't it cute?  I picked up a container at Dollorama, and went from there :)  I used vinyl to create the "Hospital Survival Kit" on the bucket.  I cut out the words with Robotz - I just LOVE that font!  I cut it out, and then went to grab some Transfer Tape, to move the words, and to my chagrin, I discovered I didn't have any!  I hit Google, and found a solution:


Painter's Tape!  (Thanks Pink Circut!)  Who knew??  It would not work with big things, but for 1 inch words, it was PERFECT!  I couldn't believe how easy it was.


The painter's tape peeled off perfectly and the vinyl stayed exactly where it was - who could ask for more?



Didn't my $1 bucket turn out cute?  I kept it super simple, after all, I had no transfer tape ;)


Here is what I included in the basket.  A trashy gossip magazine, a puzzle book, some pencils (to do the puzzles) some elastics to hold her hair back, face cloths (cause there is NASTY stuff on the face cloths we throw in the laundry bins at work) hand sanitizer, ear plugs, cream, mouth wash, some lip balm (cause hospitals are so dry) a fancy eye cover thing and some fuzzy socks.  I also included a little picture frame with a picture I digitally created of her sons.


Here is the little 4x4 card I made for her.  The band aid is from Indie Art and the mat is from Elegant Edges. I embossed the background with Spots and Dots.  The sentiment is from MFT and punched out with SU's Word Window punch.  The face is from Peachy Keen's Princess Faces.  The paper and ribbon is all from Michael's and I doodled around with my Sakura Jelly Roll pen.

I dropped it off to my very groggy girl friend at the hospital today, she loved it.  I hope it all comes in handy over the next few weeks, while she is recuperating at the hospital and at home.

Be sure to swing by Exploring Cricut.  One of the designers has a Cricut project every day.  There is tons of inspiration there!

A challenge or two for my Survival Kit and card:
My Mum's Craft Shop - anything goes
Craft Door Magazine - anything goes
Make it Mondays - anything goes
Crazy Challenge - seeing spots
Unique Crafters - anything goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes


A la prochaine...

15 comments:

Blue6366 said...

BWAHAHAHA - what a great idea. I LOVE IT!

Kristine said...

Hi ~ I just saw this on the Exploring Cricut newsletter and had to pop over to see it all. WOWIE, what a super terrific idea!!! And I bet it brought smiles to your friend. :) Btw... LOVE your awesome blog! Blessings, Kris

Migdalia said...

what a wonderful idea!!!TFS

cridiana said...

What a great idea! I love it! And the card is so cute!

Dawn said...

LOVE this idea! You really put together a great gift.

Unknown said...

This is a terrific idea!!! You are a wonderful friend and I'm so glad you shared this project with us at MIM!

Sharon said...

This is just fabulous!! I so love this great gift idea! I'm gonna keep this in mind. :)

Sharon said...

And I totally didn't tell you how much I love your little card!! I didn't realize that bandaid cut was on the Indie Art cartridge. I've got to take a closer look at that one! :)

Jo said...

Very cute. I love the bucket. And the card is just too cute. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD

Sandy said...

What a great present for your friend. Love the bucket with your lettering..
Thank you so much for sharing with us at "Challenges4Everybody".
good luck!
Sandy :)

liladdie Creations said...

What a nice gift to make your friend feel comfortable.

liladdie Creations said...

What a nice gift to make your friend feel comfortable.

Corrinne said...

What a wonderful idea! Your card is SUPER cute :) Btw, I saw you on MIM. My entries are #109, 112, 166 & 168 if you'd like to check 'em out.

Also, I invite you to share in my Anything Goes challenge here:
http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/09/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-1.html

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

Annette said...

Such a fun gift! Your friend will love it:)
Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies

Познавате ме като "Точица", "щурчо", "Елфи", "КрасИва" или може би не ме познавате? said...

Nice idea..
Thank you for sharing and for plaing along with us at CCH # 128 Seeing Spots!
Hugs,Krassi