Friday, September 7, 2012

Cardz TV - Happy Holidays!

Happy Friday everyone!  This is my last post for this busy Friday.  If you are looking for my Exploring Cricut Hospital Survival Kit click HERE.  If you are look for my PDE Challenges "Music" project click HERE.   Today is the beginning of a brand new challenge from the Cardz TV Stamps Design Team.  The challenge is "Happy Holidays - Pick One!".  It starts today, and ends Thursday Sept 13th at 11:59pm EST.  The winner gets to choose a set of CardzTV Stamps.  To play along, all you need to do is creat a card, layout or craft project for ANY holiday you'd like using any colors you'd like.  Here is what I came up with:


I decided to make a file folder Christmas planner.  I saw this idea online a couple of years ago, but never got around to making one - this year, I was determined to make one.  The tutorial I followed is HERE.  All the paper is from CTMH, and that yummy navy ribbon is something I bought at The Cutting Garden, my LSS.  Every sentiment stamp I used is from Mary's STUNNING Classic Christmas set.  It is one of my favorite of her sets.




Here is a close up of the "Merry Christmas" and the beautiful deer that are on the front cover.  The image stamps I used are from a variety of companies.  This one is from The Artful Stamper. They are all embossed in gold.  I love the simplicity and beauty of gold embossing.


The image here is from Stampenduous, isn't it prefect with Mary's Silent Night sentiment?  The first pocket includes a little calendar and to do list.  November and December are behind October.  I found the list in each of the pockets HERE.  There fabulous printable lists are free, and changed anually, so you can print off new ones each year.


Peace on Earth is one of the most important ideals of Christmas - The angel is from an Inkadinkado stamp set, sin't she gorgeous with the sentiment?  There are 8 gift idea list, so I can have one for each of the most important people in my life.


This nativity stamp is from CTMH.  I thought it paired perfectly with Mary's "noel" sentiment.


"Wise me still seek Him" is one of my favorite Christmas sentiments.  I paired it with this Stampendous stamp that I picked up at Michael's.


Here is my Christmas planner all laid out.  It folds up beautifully and can be easily tossed into my purse.  I inked the edges with my Tea Dye Distress Ink.  I thought it helped to soften the edges.  I hope you like it!

Remember, you have till next Thursday to pick a holiday and play along with us!

A challenge or two for my file folder Christmas Planner:
My Creative Time - recycle it (file folder)
ABC Christmas Challenge - recycling (file folder)
Simon Says Stamp - rubber stamps only (no digi)
Anything Goes - early Christmas
Use It Tuesdays - use up hoarded ribbon
Stamps and Fun = Creativity - anything but a card
Anything But a Card - use a stamp
Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Use - anything goes

A la prochaine...




27 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

Michelle you did an amazing job on this planner! I love the color scheme you chose and those stamps and sentiments are just perfect!

Hugs,
Jo
DT sister

Debbie said...

This is an awesome planner!! Great idea to have one, and you've decorated it beautifully!!

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

this is so beautiful. And I see you're a Maritime gal! I am originally from PEI and now live in Fredericton, NB!!

Jessica Griffin said...

Oh I love Christmas!! And I love your Christmas planner! The images you used are beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card!
Jessica
www.anythingbutacard.com

Migdalia said...

This is a useful and FABULOUS Idea!!!I would so use this!!TFS

Beverly G said...

Great planner, thanks for entering Recycle, Re-Purpose, and Re-Invent.

Brenda said...

I love this planner! Great job!

Haven_mom4 said...

Thanks for using up your hoarded ribbon to join us at Use it Tuesday

Sharon said...

WOW Michelle!! This is awesome!! Love it! :)

Heather said...

Your Christmas planner is fabulous Michele, a great design and your images are beautiful.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Love your Christmas planner. You have waaaaayy better stamping skills that I do! Great job!

Cathy Dineen said...

I love this idea! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday! :)

Cassandra said...

WOW...a Christmas Planner??? You are way ahead of the game! Too cute. Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time Designer Challenge :)

~ Cassandra

Kristin said...

This is great Michelle!! I love it such a neat idea:) Hugs, Your DT Sister- Kristin

Jo Nevill said...

Great planner, I could do with one of these !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

Hugs

Jo x

Veronica Kietzman said...

What a great use of a file folder! I might have to make one of these this year and actually be organized! *giggle* Great job!

- Veronica

Paula said...

I love your christmas planner. Great Recycling thanks for joining us at Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent!
Paula DT

Ginger said...

Great project! Love it!
Hugs,
Ginger DT sister

Ginger said...

Great project! Love it!
Hugs,
Ginger DT sister

Cindy Beland said...

Such a great project idea and it looks AWESOME!Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time Designer Challenge!!!:)

Shar said...

Well done! Love this great project! Thanks for playing with us at MCT. :)

Lori said...

Great use of a file folder - darling Christmas planner! So glad you linked up at RRR!

Zw@@n said...

Great and beautiful project! Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Love, Wilma

suzARTe said...

such a cool Christmas planner, looks fantastic.

thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is around the corner at Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Planner, great way to recycle a file too!
Thanks for playing ABC Christmas challenge this time, Samantha x

Ellis said...

Beautiful planner and always good to recycle a little too! =)
Thanks for joining us at Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent!
Hugs, Elenor DT

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Michelle, Great Christmas planner, Thank you for sharing this with us on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent and hope you will join us again.
:) Chris / CS Designs