Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cardz TV Stamps - Bling it Up Day 2

Happy Saturday everyone!  Cardz TV  has a new challenge that started yesterday.  You need to create a project with LOTS of BLING!!  Yesterday I created a cute set of Christmas cards that you can see HERE. Today I have a new project for you - a card I created for one of Andrew's friends for their birthday.  It is more subtle in it's blingyness.  Here it is:


A few months ago, I created this R2D2 on my Gypsy Girl, using shapes from George and Basic Shapes.  I decided not to reinvent the wheel, so I used the same cut again.  This card is a 4x4 card.  The paper is all from Michael's except the sparkly silver paper which is old Creative Memories that I have hoarded for about 6 years - sadly it is almost gone.  The little gem is from Dollorama and the perfect sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps More Encouraging Thoughts.


Be sure to come play with us at Cardz TV.  You have until Thursday the 27th to play and the winner gets to choose a set of Cardz TV Stamps all their own!

I am hoping to get into my craftroom today to play, I got 2 new cartridges in the mail yeasterday, and I want to break them in.  If the stars all align, I will see you back here tomorrow with a new project.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

A challenge or 2 for R2D2:
ATCs and Cards With Attitude - anything goes
Avadares - make it sparkle
Brown Sugar Challenges - anything goes
Just Add Ink - kids cards
Totally PaperCrafts - for a child

A la prochaine...

11 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So cute!! Lee-Ann :)

Sharon said...

This is so so cute!! Looks just like R2D2!! Love it!!! :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is very cute. Thanks for sharing it at Avadares Challenge Blog.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Scrappin Sista said...

Oh what a super cute card! Thank you for playing along with Brown Sugar in the "Anything Goes Challenge" Hope you decide to join us again!
Good Luck,
Alice B.
Brown Suagr DT

Anne said...

love this, perfect for any little lad.
Thanks for joining us on Totally Papercrafts this week
Anne x

Anonymous said...

I really love this - and I think it is perfect as a kids card. But I think there are lots of big kids that would love it too. Chantell JAI

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

What a great idea! You've made such a great kiddie card.

Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

Trish
JAI Design Team

Kim Kutie said...

Cute. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar.

Lizzie Laine said...

Michelle,
You did a great job on creating R2D2, he looks awesome!

Safdar Ali said...

What a lovely card. So nice. I like it! it is perfect as a kids card. Also love the CAS style design like Plastic cards which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Simple and captivating but think adding more shades makes it more captivating....can you share your designs of Plastic cards with us?