Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hockey Birthday

What an amazing weekend for my little blog. My very first Blog Hop, and all sorts of new followers. I was so thrilled to take part, and now can`t wait for the next one :) I will post the winner of Lots of Pun tomorrow. I have to work a twelve hour day tomorrow, and will probably not get a chance to post the winner till tomorrow evening.

Here are todays cards. About 3 months ago, my nephew had a birthday. I asked him what he wanted me to make for his card. He chose a hockey card - Sidney Crosby if at all possible... he grew up about 20 minutes from where I live - most kids in Nova Scotia are Sidney Crosby fans, no matter what hockey team they cheer for :) This is what I came up with:



So I made this card on my Gypsy, welding the "birthday" to the card base. The font is from Robotz, and the base from George and Basic Shapes. The Hockey Player is from Every Day Paper Dolls, and the number 87 is from Alphalicious. Super cute, isn't it?

So fast forward a couple of months. One of Andrew's friends has a party, and Andrew wants to give him a Montreal Canadiens card. Enter my wonderful Gypsy. I pulled up my old hockey card, that I had saved. I created a Canadiens emblem out of Cutting Up, cut it out of appropriate colors, and VOILA!! A brand new card for a different little boy. Here it is:



Easy peasey!! Those of you who are observent, will see that I gained some adorable Peachy Keen Stamps between the 2 cards.

Challenges I am entering these cards into:
Always Crafting - birthday card
Other Lovelies - letter C (cardstock and Canadiens)
Secret Crafter - anything goes
One Stitch at a Time - birthday

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend, come back tomorrow to see if you won my giveaway from the blog hop yesterday :)

A la prochaine...

14 comments:

Liz said...

Wonderful Thanks for joining OSAAT

liz x

Celeste B. said...

So cute!! They will make any little Birthday special!! Thanks for participating in the blog hop, I was happy to find you!!! TFS! :)

chrissy xx said...

WoW!! So cute. LOve it. Thank you soooo much for joining us at OSAAT this week.
Chrissyxx

Curly said...

Hi Michelle
lovely design and colours, thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

Suzanne said...

Totally cool! thanks for playing along with other lovelies thoughtful thursdays challenge!

Choccy said...

What a great card !! Love the little hockey player.
Thankyou for sharing your card with us at OSAAT for Write Home challenge.
Choccy x

Jayne said...

What a cute little card.....I think you'll be getting requests for the rest of the NHL! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Anonymous said...

Such a cool card, I love it!!!
Thanks for joining our special launch challenge at SCSC, and good luck with the draw
x
Vicky

Unknown said...

These cards are adorable! I love the way you welded Birthday to the side of the card. I have paper doll dress up, but I think I need to get everyday paper dolls, I have seen some really cute cards created with it lately. Thanks for playing along.

Stephanie
http://www.alwayscrafting.com

Love crafts forever said...

OMG! This card are fantastic. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

PS. Your first card good for the challenge at Stampin with the Dragon. Have fun.

Shorty Creations said...

OMGoodness! Theses are so GREAT! I just love how birthday is hanging off the edge. Super fun cards :)

Sarah said...

way too cute ! thanks for playing at OSAAT.
xxx
Sarah

Amanda said...

Great cards, I love how they spell out BIRTHDAY down the edge of the card - very original!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

Margreet said...

this is so cool.....thanks for joining OSAAT!'
xxx Margreet