Monday, September 27, 2010

An apple a day...

Today is the first day that I am trying auto-posting. We'll see how it works :) I made this as a gift for my son's teacher. I was hoping to get it ready for the first of the year, but it didn't happen. So I gave it to her for "Meet the Teacher Night". I totally stole this idea from Ruthie and I love it! His teacher loved it too. Here it is:







The apple is from Preserves, and the sentiment is computer generated. The instructions for the sentiment came from THIS tutorial - as did the embossing instructions. I love my Martha Stewart score board - the embossing would have been a challenge without it! The card box is one that Momo makes, here are her instructions HERE The paper is mostly from Stampin Up. The only thing I wish I had done differently is to make the belly band in a different color - like a creamy vanilla color. That way you could see the stem on the apple. All in all, I think it's really cute!

Here are the challenges I am submitting this card set for:

365 Challenges - sweet smellin'
Charisma Cardz - everything goes
The Treehouse - teacher gifts
Craft Your Passion - CAS
Scrap and Stamp - embossing
Stamp Insanity - embossing
Craftalicious Challenges - harvest/ fall

If this worked today, I will be doing the same thing tomorrow. Hope you all have a good one :)


A la prochaine...

13 comments:

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What a great project! Love the clean design and the embossing really adds to it. I've wanted to do that but am scared I won't get my lines even! Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

Allison said...

what a lovely apple
AllisonX

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Michelle!

OMGosh those turned out sooo cute! I love that apple too!

Have a great week!

Ruthie :)

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous!Very effetive design and colours.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Janis Lewis said...

If you get 2 comments from me - sorry - my computer is being weird today. Anyway, these cards are beautiful! I tried to email you about being a Paper Playtime Queen and it came back as undeliverable. I guess I have your wrong email address. Please email me at northrose@slowar.com. :) Janis

Sharon said...

These are just beautiful!!! My Mom needs a set of cards and I think she would love something like this. May have to give these a try. :)

Claudine Poch said...

Wow, these are wonderful! Love how you did the scoring around the edges. I have preserves, will have to use it. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Beth said...

Oh I LOVE this!! What a fabulous gift idea!! Thanks for sharing with us at StampInsanity!!

Stephanie said...

Adorable! What an awesome teacher gift. Very thoughtful. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week.

Neva said...

Absolutely precious Michelle, I bet his teacher did love this darling gift set. Thanks for playing along with Treehouse Thursday's "for the teacher" challenge.

sammi said...

I love this! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Craft Your Passion.

Crafteezee said...

Love the clean image, wish I could do this! Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs Tracy x

Stephanie said...

This is an outstanding idea, love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Treehouse Thursday!