Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bugs 'n' Hisses

It's Wednesday - and that means that it's Challenge day over at Cricut Cardz Challenges. It is team #1's week, but I couldn't resist participating - it is a Hallowe'en challenge after all and I just got Mini Monsters and some VERY cute stamps. Here is today's card:









I had never made a Z-fold card before, so I followed THIS tutorial of Mary's over at You Tube. It was easy-peasy! The witch and broom were cut at 2.8 inches and 2.5 inches respectively from my Gypsy. The paper is a mix of Stampin Up and Bazzil, and the patterned paper is Karen Foster from a couple of years ago. I bought the Stampendous stamp at a cute stamp store in town last week. I just thought the sentiment was perfect!! The buttons are from Basic Grey. I "confessed" to Janis today over at Pause Dream Enjoy that I had never used a button before, except on actual clothing. So I went to my LSS this afternoon, and bought some buttons. They add a cute touch.

Challenges I am submitting this card for:
Cricut Cardz Challenges - Halloween Z Fold
Gingerloft - halloween
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - stitching
Fantabulous Cricut - stitching
Stamps R Us - halloween

Hope you are all having a wonderful day :)

A la prochaine...

26 comments:

Celeste B. said...

Oh my!!!! How adorable! I love it, TFS! :)

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Oh Michelle! I lovet his card! That little witch is so cute and I love the way you used the broom to hold the card closed!

Ruthie :)

Sheena said...

Super Cute card!! I love the colors..and the stamp is too cute..I think I should get mini monsters..everyone makes such cute cards with that cart.

Hugs, Sheena

~Heidi said...

Really cute. Love the colors!

Jeri said...

Wow, Michele. This card is full of first for you. First Z-fold, first buttons...great job with both. Glad to see you participating on your off week.

GiGi said...

I love that witch! And the colors you used are awesome!

Melissa said...

This is such a cute card, love the colors you chose, great job!! Thanks for joining with us at CCC.

Lezlye said...

Very cute..I keep seeing mini monsters.. It's gonna have to find it's way into my collection! Thanks for playing at CCC!

Sharon said...

This is sooooo cute!! The buttons are just perfect. Love all the colors and elements on this card!! :)

Sherri said...

Love everything about this one....sooooo cute and Fantabulous!~

Anita said...

Great Job!! She is toooo Cute!! Anita

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, thanks so much for the suggested video. I too have never made a z-fold card. I just watched the video and I'm going to give it a try, what fun!

Glora said...

SO cute!

Barb Smith said...

It's nice that you used non-traditional Halloween colors. Refreshing change.

Barb from Toronto, Canada
CCC Team #2

Joanna said...

this is soo fun! Love the colors!

Laura said...

Super cute card!!! I love the color combo.Thanks for joining us at stamps r us

buglvr2010 said...

Great card....I love your color selections, the broom and the stitching...I guess I just LOVE everything about it! Super cute. I have this same paper but couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it.

Janis Lewis said...

I adore this card! I am going to HAVE to make one like it tomorrow. Just so you know. It's so cute! I love the pink too. And look at those buttons. You did good!!! :) Janis

Anonymous said...

Very cute card!! Love the touch of pink. And Yayyy for buttons!!!

Karen Aicken said...

Ok - this is just totally cute. OMGosh -- I love the witch from the Mini-Monsters cartridge anyhow, but you've really MADE her with that touch of pink. LOVE it - great card for the CCC challenge!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking dot com

Raven B said...

Oh my goodness this is sooo awesome. I love the non-traditional color scheme!
Hugs,
Raven

Kate said...

This is adorable! I love that witch's smile and the way you used the broom to hold the card is fantastic. Plus, I LOVE that sentiment, which I haven't seen yet before. I must remember it!
Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

*Star said...

OMG! that is so stinkin' cute! I love everything about it!!

Dorcas said...

This is really cute! Love the Z fold! Thanks for sharing!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

very cute !!! great job!!! love that witch
Thanks for participating in the FCCB challenge!

crazyaboutcricut said...

Amazing! I LOVE Mini monsters :) Thanks for playing along at CCC!