Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Christmas Card and Day 3...

Today I decided to make a Christmas card. I usually make close to 100 cards a year to send to family and friends. I am trying to find something that I will want to make a lot of. I absolutely love how this card turned out, but it was a lot of work. Definately not something to make 100 of :)







This lovely stamp is from a company from Ontario called the Stamp Barn. I stamped it twice with Versa Mark and embossed it in gold. i then cut the stable part out, and pop dotted off the original, to give it a bit of dimension. I think it looks so neat! The "Noel" stamp and the stamp I used on the inside are from Stampin Up as is the paper and the edge punch. I also used some ribbon on the lower strip, that is holding the easel open, I just bought it at the dollar store. As you can see I made another easel card, my new favorite kind of card. I hope you guys like todays card.

Here are the challenges I am submitting this card for:
Crafty Ho's - peace
Crafty Cardmakers - glitter and sparkle
Cupcake Craft Challenge - books and stories
Simon Says Stamp - holidays
CES Challenge - christmas easel card
Card Creations by C - ribbons and bling (hopefully gold embossing and sparkly gold paper counts as bling...)

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend :)

A la prochaine...

7 comments:

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Beautiful card.Good luck at CES Challenges.Elisa.x

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Ho's. What a fantastic card! I love your coloring... and the image is perfect!

Vicky said...

Gorgeous easel card but if its hard work then you def dont want be making a 100 of them lol. Love the gold on this. Good luck.
Thankyou for joining us at CES Challenges.

Hugs Vicky xx

Lynne Forsythe said...

Wonderfully ELEGANT card!!! Love how you popped the stable!

thanks bunches for playing along with ALL the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp!!!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, love how you have given it dimension it looks fab
Thanks for joining us this week at CES challenges
Good Luck!
Hugs shell xx

Faye said...

Oh this is such a wonderful project, I love what you've done with our books and stories theme. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake. xx

365 Days of Cricut said...

This is so pretty it looks like something store bought great job!