Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Better late than never...

So I was planning to post this this morning, but ran out of time. Here is my submission for this week's Cricut Cardz Challenge . The challenge was to make a fall card without using the colors brown, orange or yellow - now tell me that is not a challenge!! Pretty much everything I associate with fall involves those colors! Here is what I came up with:



The tree and grass are from Paper Doll Dress Up, the owl - which I welded with my Gypsy - is from Animal Kingdom. The leaf is from Disney's Mickey and Friends and the grass is from Every Day Paper Dolls. The paper is all Stampin Up, as is the ink I used for the stamped sky. I have never done that technique before, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out :)

My husband took one look at this card, and said what's with the spooky Halloween card? I disagree with him. I wanted this to look like a lovely fall night, with a full moon, and leaves falling, and an owl... somehow an owl means fall to me!

I hope you all come play along with us this week over at Cricut Cardz! It's lots of fun. I will be back tomorrow with some exciting news!! Hope you all have a great night!

A la prochaine...

9 comments:

ScrappyScavenger said...

You win! LOL!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

I love this card Michelle! This weeks challenge was definitely a challenge! Great job!

Ruthie :)

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card! I love it!!

Kristin said...

Love your card!! Great job on the challenge!

Two Scraptastic Gals said...

This is how it looked at my house tonight, foggy and already has that fall feeling. I def know where you were going with this, tell hubby that hes the only one who doesnt get it lol. I loved that all the images are welded, and def love the blues!

Meriah

Barb Smith said...

You nailed this challenge. What a great card.

Barb (CCC Team #2)
http:barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

Monica Ward said...

Lovely card. Go CCC DT #2!!

beejay said...

Awesome! You totally got it!

Anita said...

Yes, What a challenge not using yellow, brown and orange. But never the less you came out on top!! Awesome card!!