Friday, September 10, 2010

My News and 30 Days of Creativity Day 2

I have a new card for today, but first, my exciting news. I have been invited to participate in my first blog hop!! Yay! It is hosted by Ruthie over at September Ninth and her "scrappin bestie" The Scrapbooking Queen. I am SO excited, and have already made one project for it. It is a Fall Blog Hop, and I am sure there will lots of amazing inspiration and some blog candy along the way, so I hope you all come to our hop on September 18th!

Now, on to today's crafty creation. I decided to do another easel card, I do love those :) Easy, yet so pretty. Here it is:







The butterfly and flower are both from Once Upon a Princess - love that cartridge! I also used the spots and dots Cuttlebug folder that I picked up today at my LSS - my DH would be so proud, I only spent $10 - we won't mention that I am thinking about going to Michael's tomorrow and picking up 3 new cartridges once they go on sale ;) The stamp is from My Pink Stamper, and the glittery brads are from Close to my Heart, I love the bling they bring to the card. I felt like this card needed some bling, but I tend to go overboard with the stickles - these dazzling brads were just the right touch. The pictures don't do them justice. The paper is a mix of Stampin Up and stuff from Walmart. I just love how this card turned out! Now I just have to pick someone to send it to - I do have someone in mind...

Challenges I am submitting this card for:
A Crafty Little Place - sketch
Craft Your Days Away - girly and glittery
One Stitch at a Time - blooms, butterfly and bling
Pear Tree Designs - animals(hopefully butterflies count...)
S2G - critter with spots and dots
Flutter By Wednesdays - pink with angel, fairy or butterfly
Fab 'n' Funky - anything goes, and they are having a DT call, so I figured I would throw my hat in the ring :)
Paper Pretties - brads or eyelets
Stampalicious - paper flowers

A la prochaine...

19 comments:

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Michelle!

What a sweet card! I just bought that very same embossing folder last weekeend! I love how you did the color blocking. :)

I didn't know that the carts were going to be on sale tomorrow. How much are they going to be? :)

Ruthie

Josephine said...

That's so pretty!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Anonymous said...

Just love that butterfly!Nice,fresh colours too.Yes it IS an animal so it does count.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Heather said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Pretties challenge!

Nicole said...

OH MY GOSH, this is just gorgeous, Michelle! Love that butterfly! Thanks for sharing it with us at ACLP!! Nicole-ACLP DT

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab easel card. Thanks for joining us @ PTD this week. Good luck in the challenges. X

Georgia said...

Love your card! The embossed background is great!!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Easy? Hmmm, I've never done easel, so I don't know about that. Pretty? ABSOLUTELY! I love your card. So whimsical and cheery. My girls would love to get a card like this one. Thanks for sharing it with us at A Crafty Little Place.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

Paddington fan said...

Lovely butterfly, thanks for joining us over at OSAAT this week and good luck, love Jacky x

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is a really cool card. I love the embossing and it's a beautiful easel card. Thanks for joining in at ACLP:D

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cool easel card!! Love the pink and pretty butterfly!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ACLP this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Ann English said...

Very pretty card!

So glad you joined us this week for Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls!

~*Joni said...

Michelle what a great take on the sketch! I love that butterfly, she's perfect on the easel card. Thank you so much for joining us this week in our sketch challenge!
~*Joni ACLP DT

Laurel said...

So pretty! Thanks so much for playing at S2G!

Emma H said...

Very pretty, thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky!

Amanda said...

This is such a pretty card. Thank you so much for joining in with our Girly and Glitter challenge at Craft Your Days Away and Butterflies, Blooms and Bling at OSAAT.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

Cat said...

What a gorgeous card! LOVE the colors and layering! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

Lesley said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Connie Marie said...

Beautiful butterfly. So cheerful! Thank you