Monday, March 28, 2016

Cheers

Happy Monday everyone!!  I am popping in to share a couple of cute tags.  A couple of weeks ago, I got some new stamps sets from Pretty Cute Stamps.  One of them was the cute "Happy Hour Faces".  

A friend of mine has a birthday today, so I decided to make her a tag.  I ended up making 2 of them, coloring is something I am not really good at, there is always a learning curve for me.  I learned a few things with these tags.  Here they are:


For tag number one, I used the super cute wine glass.  My friend is a wine lover, so this seemed an appropriate choice.  I colored her with my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.  She fit perfectly on CDD's Tag Essentials Die.  I just love how cute she is.


On to tag number two.  My friend LOVES to head south, where the drinks are fun and fruity, so I was torn between this and the wine stamp.  I love how cute he turned out!  I even blinged up the ice with a little stickle, to make it look frosty, but alas - the learning curve.  I stamped and colored the drink with my Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, before I stamped on the face.  I learned, that my ink took a lot longer to dry once it was stamped over gamsol, and ended up smearing the eyes with my finger.  ALSO, I learned that while my red marker colored over Gamsol well, the white pen did not.  I ended up stamping another face and fussy cutting the eyes.  Fussy cutting is a task I despise, so, lesson learned, no more coloring before stamping the face.  LOL!  Even though his eyes are blurry, and it bothers the perfectionist in me a LOT, I decided to take a picture and share him anyway.  He is too cute not to share ;)  This time, I used the "Just Tag Die" from My Creative Time.




A challenge or two for my tags:
Pretty Cute Stamps - anything but a card
Amusing Challenges - anything goes
2 Creative Chicks - anything goes

A la prochaine...


5 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

I love your tags! I keep eyeballing those dome shaped tags. One day I'm going to get those. Cheers! Thanks for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.
DT Janis
Sunny Day Crafting, Photo Inspiration Chs
Paper Play Sketches, Sketch Chs

Karla Yungwirth said...

These are adorable Michelle! Your colouring is fantastic and I'm sure your friends loved these. PS: I didn't notice any blurriness at all! Thanks so much for joining us at PDE Linky Party! Hugs, DT Karla

Chris said...

What fun tags! Thanks for joining in on my Amusing Challenges this past week - love having you here!

Gloria said...

Both tags look great and so does the coloring!! I really love the second one and the fact that you fuzzy cut the eyes out makes looks more cheerful;) Thank you for playing along with us over at Pretty Cute Stamps.

Unknown said...

Very cute, love the fun colors! Thanks for joining us for this months Pretty Cute Stamps Challenge!