Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Whimsical Wednesday - Going Green

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today is challenge day over at Whimsical Wednesday.  Stephanie challenged us to make a project with the color green.  I know St Patty's Day is almost upon us, but I really wanted to try to make something different.  .  Here is what I came up with:


I decided to make a set of 3x3 cards, featuring Whimsical Design stamps and Create a Critter - love that cartridge!!  I think they turned out really cute!


Most of the paper is from SU - the patterned paper however is from an old stack I bought at Michael's about 5 years ago.


I decided to use a  little splash of pink on each of the critters, I think it helps them standout a little bit, and makes them look cute and girly.


The ribbon on the cards is all from Michael's and I doodled on them with my Sakura Jelly Roll pens.  Cute huh?


All of the sentiments are from Whimsical Designs Everyday Sentiments.  Aren't they perfect for these little cards?  Love them!


I hope you pop over to Whimsical Wednesdays, see what the design team came up with, and play along with us.  I start vacation today, and hope to spend some time in my craft room :)  Hopefully I will have another project or two to share with you this week!

A challenge or two:
Stamps With Fun - pink and green
Really Reasonable Weekend - green and a ribbon
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - green as main color

A la prochaine...

13 comments:

Brigitte said...

OMG, they are soooooo ADORABLE!!!! I love every single one of them!!! Congrats! Hugs, Brigitte

Anonymous said...

Oh my sweetness! How stinkin' cute! Your little note cards are delightful! Made me smile :)

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful creations and love the take on the colour scheme, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

sue w. said...

Hi Michelle, wow how cute are these cards, and loving the faux stitching, just fab.
Hugs Sue W.

GiGi said...

Such super cute cards! I love how they all match and all the stitching! Super job!

Unknown said...

Super cute card Michelle. You used such nice shades of green. I really love making the 3X3 cards too. They are nice to have for a quick card, or even to send as a pack for a gift. You did another great job with this challenge.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, these are so adorable!! I love the touch of pink on each card and the cuts you used are fabulous!! I love these!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sharon said...

These are adorable!! Love those sweet characters from Create A Critter!! Have a fantastic vacation!!! :)

Esther said...

Each and everyone of them are adorable!
Your little touches of white pen are perfect!

Franz♥ said...

So cute Michelle! Love your card sooo much, really amazing!

Thanks for sharing your lovely works with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Franz.

Georgiana said...

Definitely super cute cards.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Andrea said...

Very great card - nice and design. Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Debbie said...

These are such cute cards!! CAC is an awesome cart!!