Monday, July 30, 2012

Paper Playtime - Summer Banner

Happy Monday!  I'm back :)  If you are looking for the mini album I made for Cardz TV anything goes challenge, click HERE.  If you are looking for my Exploring Cricut Disney project, click HERE.  Today is challenge day over at Paper Playtime.  It is the 5th Monday of the month, so it is a one week Anything Goes Challenge.  Here is what I came up with:


I made a spring banner, which you can see HERE and the kids loved it!  I decided that I needed to make a summer banner.  I think it turned out really cute!




The suns I used for the base of each piece of the banner, are all from Create a Critter.  They are cut at 6 inches, and I welded  small circles to the top of each sun for the ribbon.  The yellow and pink papers are from Bazzil and the black is Recollections.


The letters I chose are from Cutting Up.  I cut them at 3 inches.  The crab is cut at 1.75 inches and castle is cut at 2 inches.  They are both from Create a Critter (CAC)- I love that cartridge :)


The beach ball is cut at 3 inches and is from Simply Charmed (SC), another super cute cartridge!


The kite iscut at 3.1 inches on my Gypsy girl, and is from Create a Critter.


The popsicle is cut at 2.8 inches and is from SC and the cutie fire cut at 2 inches from CAC.


The bucket and pail is cut at 3 inches from SC.


The palm tree is cut at 2.6 inches from CAC.  I doodled on everything with my Sakura Jelly Roll pens, and ran a ribbon through all the circles and VOILA!  A cutie summer banner.

We have a prize for one lucky participant this week.  They will win a $10 gift certificate for cut files from The Creative Pointe.  LUCKY!

I hope you all pop over to Paper Playtime, see what the DT came up with, and play along with us :)

A challenge or two for my summery banner:
Come and Get It  - anything goes
Dream Valley Challenges - summer
Pile It On - cute as can be
Robyn's Fetish - summer fun
Crafty Calendar - fun in the sun
Secret Crafter - bright and cheerfule
Polka Doodles - summer
Whimsy Inspirations - summer fun
Creative Craft Challenges - summer

A la prochaine...

15 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cut summer banner! Lee-Ann :)

Lisa said...

This is so creative and fabulous!! I love all of the cuts you used!! Perfect summer banner :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Brenda said...

Adorable and so creative!!

Sharon said...

Oh WOW!! This is awesome!! Love all of the cuts that you added to the circles. Such a fun and summery banner! I love it! :)

D- said...

Love your banner TFS.
damcardmaker

GiGi said...

This banner is AWESOME! I love all the cuts and cute faces!

Sue Nicholson said...

A fab banner, thanks for joining us at Robyns Fetish summer challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

Meighan Wheller said...

Wonderful banner, love the colours and the happy faces! Thanks for joining our Anything but a Card challenge this week at Come and Get It. Regards Meighan

Carly said...

What a wonderful idea. Very clever and gorgeous!

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us over at Whimsy.
xoxox Carly

Susie said...

Fab-u-lous! Love this idea and all the details! Thanks for joining our Summer challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

Anonymous said...

Very cute banner. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us on Come and Get It Challenge Blog.

Judy McKay said...

what a nice idea your summer banner is. Very colour and fun. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week.

Edwina said...

Great banner! I love the smiling sun. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish. Edwina

Clare said...

Wow love this Michelle and it's perfect for our challenge over at Polka Doodles. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Hugs Clare xxx

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Love this banner, really summery. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles, NJ X