Monday, July 2, 2012

Paper Playtime - Red, White and Blue

Happy Monday again :)  I am back with my second project of the day.  To see my Exploring Cricut project, please scroll down to my next post, and if you are looking for the Canad Day blog hop, it's the post below that!

It is delicious die cuts challenge day at Paper Playtime.  Today, Janis challenged us to make a red white and blue project.  I am a Canadian girl, so I decided to may a Canada Day card using classic American colors.  Here is what I came up with:


Isn't my card cute??  This is a 4x4 card.  The card base is blue, above that I embossed the white layer with my Seeing Spots cuttlebug folder.  The "flag" is cut from the Go Canada cartridge.  The sentiment is from Pink by Designs Canada stamp set, and cut it out with my SU Word Window punch.  I prettied the card up with 2 black brads, and some Doodlebug twine.  I gave this card to the kids yesterday for Canada Day.

Pop on over to Paper Playtime, see what the amazing DT came up with, and play along with us.  You could win a $10 gift card from Gingersnap Scraps!  Hope to see you all again soon :)

A challenge or two for my card:
Crafty Bloggers Network - anything goes
Make It Monday - anything goes
Amusing Challenges - red, white and blue
Gingerloft - red, white and blue
Sentimental Sundays - be patriotic
Cupcake Inspirations - inspiration picture
Card Makin Mamas - red, white and blue
Phindy's Place - inspired by a song (a certain national anthem)
Cute Card Thursday - patriotic
Paper Pretties - red, white and blue
Simon Says Stamp - patriotic

A la prochaine...

 

19 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Great card! Lee-Ann :)

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Michelle!
Happy Canada DAy!
hugs

Debbie said...

This is soooo cute!!!

Janis Lewis said...

Another great project from Michelle! You just keeping popping them out one after another. This is fab, girlfriend! Love you! :) Janis

Tina said...

amazing card, thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Monika Reeck said...

Wow Michelle...so many challenges and great card...love your simple and clean card...good luck with the challenges dear..

I see your card from the Cupcake inspirations, I am also joining the challenge there, my card is number 12 would you mind to see it on my blog :) many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Heide said...

Wonderful card! Saw you on MIM and came to take a closer look.
Hugs, Heide (#49)

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Michelle!! The heart flag is fabulous and I love your stitching and embossing!! What a great card :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lin said...

I really like your idea to make this a heart, Michelle! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Michelle! Just fabulous!! I so love the heart flag. The embossing and stitching is wonderful!! :)

Rene said...

Beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck,
Rene :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderfully done! Found you at MIM

Becky said...

This is fabulous, I love how you have taken the print from the canadian flag and put it in the heart.
Thank you for joining in the CBN challenge and good luck.
Becky x

Kathy said...

Such a lovely and crisp patriotic card. Great song choice, too. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas for our Red White and Blue Challenge hugs Susan x

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the embossed background and beautiful layers. Thank you for sharing at Make It Monday this week... :)

Julia said...

Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
I saw this on Make it Monday!
These are my entries: # 129, #158, #160, #162, # 250 and #252 (Candy Alert) would love it if you could visit.
Hugs,
Julia

Debra Pate said...

I really like the embossed background! I saw this on Make it Monday!

Hugs,
Debra Pate
Fabulously Creative
http://debrapate.blogspot.com

Tameko said...

Such a fun card design. Love everything about it. Thanks so much for joining our "Patriotic Challenge" at Sentimental Sundays!