Monday, July 16, 2012

Exploring Cricut - Christmas in July Blog Hop

Happy Monday!  If you are looking for my Paper Playtime - Say It With Sentiments card, please click HERE.

Welcome to the Exploring Cricut Christmas in July Blog Hop!    If you have just arrived from Emily's Blog, then you are in the right spot.  I am really excited about what I have created for you today!  Let me show you:


It's an Advent Calendar.  I got the idea on Pinterest.  I saw a number of beautiful advent calendars and combined a few of them to create this.


The numbers are cut out of pretty much every font cartridge I have.  There are 24 different fonts used, one for each of the numbers.  The scalloped circles that I mounted the numbers on are from Storybook.


The envelopes are from TBBM.  I cut them at 5.2 inches.  I cut them out of lots of different Christmas papers, from lots of different companies including DCWV and K and Co.


The tags were cut from the Sweet Treats cartridge, cut at 2.9 inches on my Gypsy Girl.  They fit almost perfectly in the little envelopes.


I decided to make this an activity calendar.  Every day, the kids will pull an Christmas related activity that we will do as a family.  The activities were printed on the computer.


We will keep the activities in an envelope, and the night before, Mike and I will decide what the next day's activity will be.   After deciding, we will tape the activity to the tag.  That way the activity will always be a surprise - because the tags are blank (no peeking by my nosy munchkins) and we can look at the weather, and the day and pick the perfect activity.

The next stop on our hop is Lori at Scrappin Saints so be sure to go see what she has created for you!  Here is our blog hop schedule, just in case you get lost along the way.






Michelle  http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com                you are HERE :)








A challenge or two for my project:
2 Sisters - christmas in july
Totally Gorjuss - it's christmas
Inspire me Fridays - anything goes
Jellypark Challenges - christmas in july
Our Craft Lounge - tag it
DL Art Thankful Thursday - christmas in july
ABC Christmas Challenge - N for not a card
Little Red Wagon - christmas in july
Creatalicious Challenges - christmas is july
Lollipop Crafts - christmas in july
Hooked on Crafts - christmas in july
My Mum's Craft Shop - no cards allowed
Amusing Challenges - christmas in july
One Stitch at a Time - anything goes
Robyn's Fetish - christmas in july


A la prochaine...

46 comments:

Georgiana said...

Such a great idea to fill each envelop with a family activity instead of candy. The kids are sure to enjoy waking up each day and checking to see what is planned for them. Nicely done!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Sheri said...

I love the fact you made it a family activity and not getting a gift! The little clothespins are a great touch :) if I had kids at home I would be making one of these :)

Sheri R

sherii at cfl dot rr dot com

Annette said...

This is a fabulous idea! The kids are going to enjoy the activities you all do together so much more than candy:)

Unknown said...

OH....MY....GOSH!!!! LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE THIS!!!! I hope you do not mind, but I am TOTALLY scraplifiting this idea!!!! You did an AWESOME job!!!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Michelle I love this idea and will have to make one for our little granddaughter! Great job.

Saints Rule! said...

Fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome idea for an advent calendar. Great job. Jessica sent me.
stuff@gt.rr.com

Ian said...

Michelle!! You have outdone yourself this time. This is so adorable and your kids are going to love it! I love that you will pick the activity based on the weather and plans for the following day. Perfect. Your kids are going to be so excited when they work through the days leading up to Christmas! :)

Ian

D- said...

What a cute idea! TFS.
dmcardmaker (at aol.com)
(new email follower)

And Jessica said to say she sent me.

Carol's Creations said...

I LOVE this idea! I will have to lift this for sure! I personally love the fact that you have the "treats" as a family activity...these are memories in the making!

Carol (Carol's Creations)
4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

Tanya said...

What a fabulous idea! Very inspiring I must say, I might attempt to make something like this for my niece :) A lot of work must have gone into this, and it certainly shows :) Love it!

Thanks for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge Blog :)

Tanya xx

Kim said...

Great idea! Love the activities ideas too. Will need to incorporate activities into my advent calendar this year.

Busy Bucharoo said...

Great idea!
busybucharoo.blogspot.com

moknowsall said...

a great idea to put the next days event there the night before. love your blog. thanks,

Maureen

Karon said...

What a fantastic project and brilliant idea. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

marg0006 said...

What a fun idea for th family.

marg0006 at verizon dot net
Loving Scrapper101

Sharon said...

Oh this is just awesome Michelle!!! I so love all of the different fonts and the great activities!! I need to do something like this for the kids to do with the grands!!!! :)

Zw@@n said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the idea of the family activities!
Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Love, Wilma

Gaynor Greaves said...

Love this creation, what a fantastic idea, thanks for joining our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor xx

Anonymous said...

fab creation welldone tracy x

Ellen Jarvis said...

What a great idea for activities with your kids at Christmas. It might be fun to make a monthly activity calendar (advent, sort of!) for every month, and include some chores as well as fun stuff. Mix it up! I think I'll do one of those for my HUSBAND, LOL!!

I enjoy your purple moments with the monkeys!!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous Advent calender, Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft this month, Good luck.
Kevin xx

jennyplace2 said...

What a fab. advent calender your kids are going to love it. TFS!

Anonymous said...

fantastic job! i love it!
Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sisters
Hugs, Jill DT

Craftin Desert Divas said...

Creative idea.


Tara

ahlers5 said...

Very cute idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 2 Sisters this week.
Diane

Anonymous said...

What a fun project! Thanks for joining us over at LRW!

Sonia said...

Beautiful Creation. Great JOB!~
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this month. Good Luck!~
-Sony -- LC-DT
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

mandy said...

Wow fab idea Hun

Thanks for joining us at Sisters Challenge

Hugs Mandy DT xx

TheTulipCollector said...

Great job! I love your advent calendar.

Hazel said...

A lovely project - saw it on DL.ART x

MIE(Mieko) said...

Gorgeous creations! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges. Hugs Mieko xx

Blue Moon Creation said...

Oh my gosh! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! Every year hubby and I are looking for the perfect advent calendar to no avail! I am seriously in need of finding time to create one of these! Very lovely! -Thia
http://bluemooncreationbythia.blogspot.com/?m=1

Ali said...

What a lovely advent calendar and what a fabulous idea to fill it with activities (and to only decide them the night before so no peeking! :D).Just brilliant.

Thanks so much for joining in with the OSAAT challenge this week. :)

Ali

DIANA L. said...

OMGoodness this is just too cute. I love your tag advent calendar idea
you could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Nikki Byrne said...

Fabulous project!! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at our use a digi challenge at OSAAT. Good luck

Hugs

NIKKI DT

DonnaSue said...

You are so creative--I love this idea!

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow this is a very cool ideal and I want to give this a try. tfs AJ~

Made by Mandy said...

What a great idea for the countdown to Christmas, fab project :)

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Little K Smith said...

Oh what a fabulous idea! I love it! Especially the lovely family activities for each day!
Thank you for joining us and good luck :)
Kelly.x
ABC Christmas DT.

Emily said...

Michelle, I love you Advent calendar idea. It's super cute. I can't wait to scraplift.

Anonymous said...

Oh now this is no ordinary Advent calender this one is BRILLIANT I love love love the activities in an envelope the night before each New day what a great idea! so different! brilliant! Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our N for Not a Card Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

Chris said...

So creative and fun - love this as an advent calendar! Thanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenges this week. Love your entry!

Helen said...

This is just fabulous!
Thanks for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Mimi said...

Congrats! You're one of our Featured Friday players of the week! Thanks for playing along at Lollipop Crafts! :D

city said...

thanks for posting.