Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Caught a Bug and AMAZING Soup!

Happy Tuesday everyone!  It is my day to share a project over at the Exploring Cricut blog.  Here is what I have today:



This cute little project was inspired by some cute jar projects made by some of my bloggy friends.  HERE is Janis' project, HERE is Susan's and HERE is Miss Mary's card, which started it all.  

The jar and branch are from Doodlecharms.  I manipulated it on my Gypsy Girl, so that it was fatter that it was intended to be - I wanted it to fit my lady bug.  She is from Create a Critter 2.  I stamped her cute little face with Peachy Keen's Princess Faces - I LOVE that set!!  The cardstock is all from Michael's and the patterned paper is from K and Co.  The twine is from Doodlebug Designs.  I did some doodling with my Sakura Jelly Roll pens.  I decided to use one of Mary's cute stamps from Cardz TV.  You can get your own "Going Buggy" HERE.




I want to show you an amazing soup, that would be PERFECT to send to a friend who "caught a bug" along with my cutie card.  One day on Pinterest, I found THIS recipe for Italian Wedding Soup created by Everyday Maven.  It is a low fat, Weight Watcher's friendly recipe, and it is AMAZING!!  It is chalk full of veans and veggies - including kale, which I had never had before - the meatballs are flavorful and the broth is divine!  I topped it with some grated parmesan, which you can see in the second picture.  Doesn't it look yummy? 


I did as "Everyday Maven" suggested and doubled the meatball recipe, I popped them in the freezer and last week, made another batch of this AMAZING soup.  I think it was even better than the first time I made it!   I am never having Italian Wedding Soup from a restaurant again!!





I hope you make this soup and visit Everyday Maven - give her some love - You will not be disappointed!!  Don't forget that every day, each one of the Exploring Cricut designers has a Cricut creation to share with you.  We hope to inspire you to explore your Cricut cartridges and have lots of fun doing it!!  Be sure to pop by the blog everyday and be prepared to be amazed!

A challenge or two:

Peachy Keen - anything goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes
Sentimental Sundays - anything goes
Card Makin Mamas - spring colors
Dorcerela Creations - pastel colors
Divas by Design - use some pink
Bunny Zoe's - girly
Crafty Bloggers - pastel or spring
Make It Monday - anything goes
Party Time Tuesdays - colour inspiration

A la prochaine...

27 comments:

teachdanz said...

cute card Michelle and that soup looks amazing - going to pin that recipe now!!

GiGi said...

OH my! That is one CAUUTE card! I love how you have the bug in a jar and that face is precious! Beautiful creation Michelle! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen!

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is sooo STINKIN' CUTE!!!AWESOME job with it,Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

Scrapping Girl said...

Adore your cute little ladybug in the jar-especially like the twine wrapped around the top for a pretty touch! Going to go check out the delish looking soup recipe now :)
Michelle

Mary Ann said...

Super cute card,Love your bug in the jar...

Kelly said...

Now I am hungry for the soup! mmm Your card is so fun and adorable, love your bug in a jar. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs Kelly

Docerela said...

HI Michelle, your card is sooo adorable! love the bug <3

Thank you for joining our pastel color challenge at Docerela stamps,

Catarina

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute card...yummy looking soup too!!

Cassandra said...

Such a cute card! And that soup looks amazing!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

Kristine said...

That is the most adorable ladybug card--LOVE IT! I thought I had those 2 cartridges, but I have CAC not "2" although there is one in there. I may have to try this. Thanks so much! :)

nada said...

That is so sweet! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Dulce Silva

Debbie said...

Really cute card!!
That soup looks amazing! I'm off to check it out!

Pam said...

Darling card! Thanks for the recipe!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Craftin Desert Divas said...

Michelle,

Your card is super duper cute!! I love that mason jar. Your soup looks yummy. I love my Cameo and you would love one too and have so much fun with it. Your husband is going to want to choke me. LOL

Have a great day.

Tara

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including my soup and so glad you loved it! That, with the card, would be a perfect little sick care package for sure!

Glora said...

Well this visit is LONG overdue. So sorry to have not been by for a while. This card is OVER the TOP ADORABLE!!!!! It totally made my day! Awesome job. Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Anything Goes Challenge! Hugs- Glora

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable!! Love the jar! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

L.B. said...

Such a cheery get well card!! Love the jar!

Nitasha said...

This adorable card is sure to cheer anyone up! Too cute! Oh, and that soups looks divine! Yum! Thank you for joining us at Docerela Creations! DT Member- Nitasha

Sharon said...

This is most adorable Michelle!!! I so love that smiling face! Wonderful card!! :)

Athina said...

That is the cutest bug I think I have ever seen! Very cute! Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

Unknown said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Janice W. said...

Your card is adorable! Thanks for joining the Peachy Challenge and thanks for sharing the soup recipe! It sounds and looks yummy!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

This is such a cute card. I love how you fattened up the jar. I have both of these carts so guess I should play a little.

Angela Drummond said...

Cute card, love the image, your soup looks yummy too :) thanks for joining us over at the CBN Challenge this month
Hugs
Ang
Crafty Bloggers Network DT
My Blog: A Crafty Blether

Elena V. said...

oh! it's so sweet!! i love it!

Ana Valéria said...

It's so cute and sweet!

Thank you for joining us over at Docerela Creations - DT Member Ana

Ana
www.corujandoartes.blogspot.com