Monday, April 16, 2012

It's Paper Playtime!!

Happy Monday :)  I was honored to be ask to be a guest designer over at Paper Playtime this week - thanks Janis!  The challenge this week was to create a birthday card with a sentiment.  My son turns 10 next week, so I decided to make a card for him.  Here is what I came up with:


I decided to make Andrew a spinner card.  I have made two of them before HERE and HERE, and they were both girly cards.  Andrew wanted one too,  so I came up with this.  I followed a tutorial on Glora's blog.  I created the base of the card using shapes from George.  The stars are from CAC (I think...) and the moon is a bunch of circles from George.  I sponged around the edges to give the moon a bit of dimension.  His cutie little face is from Peachy Keen's  Wide Eyed Kids.


I cut the little astronautboy from B is for Boy, and his hair is from Everyday Paper Dolls.  Andrew loves the whole idea of space and space travel.  His face is from Peachy Keen's Boy Mates.  Isn't he cute?  The paper I used is from Stampin Up, Recollections and random paper from my scrap box.  The twine is from Doodle Bug Designs.


This final face is also from Boy Mates.  I used Whimsical Designs Whimsical Fun and Everyday Sentiments for the sentiments on the card.  Andrew and I used to say "I love you to the moon and back" every night before he went to bed, he will still do it sometimes when he is feeling lovey :)  I love how this turned out, and I hope that Andrew will too!

So, hop on over to Paper Playtime, and be sure to play along with us :)  I am sure the DT will inspire you with all of their amazing projects!

A challenge or two for my little card:
Paper Playtime - birthday and a sentiment
One Stop Craft - 3 circles
Just Some Lines - moon and stars
Our Creative Corner - our boys and their toys
Secret Crafter - men cards (my boy is a little man)
Creative Belli Blog - children
Shopping Our Stash - "boy" colors



A la prochaine...

 

11 comments:

Brigitte said...

He is so cute!!! I love those spinner cards, I'm sure your son will LOVE it! Hugs, Brigitte

Glora said...

Ah Michelle, this turned out WAY too cute!!!!!! You are making SOME super adorable spinner cards! I love him to pieces!!!! Hugs- Glora

downrightcrafty said...

what a lovely creation and a great masculine card, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

GiGi said...

This card is AWESOME! I love the cute astronaut and how his faces change! I really need to try this technique!

Hazel said...

Love your fun card - thanks for joining in the masculine theme this week on Shopping our stash, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

Michelle,
These cards are so cute! I have such a hard time coming up with masculine cards. Just adorable....and I love those faces! Thank you so much for being the Guest Designer at Paper Playtime.
Sheree

Lisa said...

This is so creative and absolutely adorable, Michelle!! I just love the sweet faces!! Putting them on a spinner is just fabulous!! Love it...and I'm sure your son will, too!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So adorable and I love the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week!

Alica said...

so cool! Love your spinner card with faces :) Great idea!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica :)

paige said...

Clever idea with the faces on your cute card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Belli!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such an adorable little astronaut, Michelle! Love the punched star accents. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)