Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Chick

Happy Easter everyone!  I have two posts for today, before I get into my first Disney post.  I had every intention of posting both these projects yesterday, but it has been a busy weekend, so I haven't had a chance till now.  I made a number of Easter cards this year.  I will share two now, but the rest will wait until after Disney Week.  Here is the card I made for my son:



It is a window card.  I created her on my Gypsy, following a tutorial I saw on-line.  I will have to try to find it, so I can give credit!  I used the chick and egg from CAC and the scalloped card is welded together from Elegant Edges.  I welded the shadows of the chick and the egg to the front frame.  I love it, and think it's so so clever!  The sentiment stamp is from CTMH.  I used the face from PK Critter Faces - I think I may need to invest in something other than the medium set - maybe the large or extra large??

A challenge or two for my chickie card:
Fantabulous Cricut - project with an egg
Scrappy Frogs - shape card
Crafty Calendar - egg-stra special
Crazy 4 Challenges - blue, white and one other color (yellow is my other main color)
Aud Sentiments - "happy easter"

A la prochaine...

 

10 comments:

Melissa said...

OH he is just too cute, love the card and that little face is just the cutest!

Brigitte said...

Ohhh, Michele!!! They are both soooo cute!!! I love those PKS faces and I also think that the large set might be great for those larger size critter. I can't say it enough, I think you really have a knack with doodling, I wish mine would look as good! Hugs, Brigitte

GiGi said...

This one is adorable too! I love the cut out frame and how you welded the egg shell!

Sherrie K. said...

This turned out stinken adorable! I love your window card and how you welded the pieces on..great job and thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

deesdesigns said...

Oh! this is adorable!!! Love how the chickie just stands out - lovely colors too. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at Aud Sentiments and our "Happy Easter" challenge!

Emily said...

This is adorable! Love the little face :)

Megan said...

Adorable! Thanks so much for jointing us at FCCB this week!

Julie said...

What a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is sooo ADORABLE!GREAT job with it,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB!:)

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. That chick is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x