Friday, October 5, 2012

Cardz TV - Buttons and Boos

And I'm back!!!  This is my third and final post for today.  If you're looking for my Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge project click HERE.  If you are here to see my Exploring Cricut "Afternoon Routine", you can find it HERE.  It is challenge day over at Cardz TV.  Today Mary challenged us to create a "Buttons and Boos" project, AND we are showcasing one of Mary's newest stamp sets, Oct 31st.  I LOVE what I came up with for this project, and am SO excited to show it to you!!  Here it is:


Isn't it awesome??  I decided to make a little Halloween banner for my front door.  I love making things like this, but at my Michael's, wooden letters start at $5 a piece!  That is a little steep for my blood, so I decided to make them myself - after all, I do have a Cricut :)  The letters are cut at 5 inches out of Cheerios boxes.  I made them 3 layers thick, so they are substantial enough.  The font is Robotz - my favorite block style font.  So, on to the close ups...


The B - the cutie witch is cut at 3 1/2 inches from Teddy Bear Parade.  I used a little bit of twine on the broom, just to dress it up a little.  The patterned paper is from Doodlebug's new Halloween paper pad.  I inked around the edges of each of the letters with my Tim Holtz Walnut distress ink.  The stamp is from Oct 31st and I hand cut the little flag the sentiment is on.  The button is from a big pack I got at Walmart.  The cardstock is a mix of Stampin Up and Recollections.


The letter O - just like before, the patterned paper is from Doodlebug, as is the Halloween twine, the cardstock is from Recollections.  The edges are inked again with my distress ink, and the bingo stamp is from Oct 31st.  Isn't it a cool embellishment?


The second O - same as the first in terms of paper and inking.  That cutie pumpkin is from Teddy Bear Parade.  The tag is from Stampin Up, and has a button from Walmart.  The stamp is from Oct 31st and I doodled around on my banner with my Sakura Jelly Roll pens.  I used some pretty purple ribbon to connect and hang my banner.  Doesn't she look awesome on my front door?

The stunning stamp set that I used is Oct 31st from Cardz TV Stamps.  You can buy Mary's fabulous stamps in her store, right HERE.  They are FABULOUS!!


Be sure to swing by Cardz TV, see what the amazing crafters came up with to inspire you.  If you make a Buttons and Boos project, you can play along with us.  One lucky person will win a set of Cardz TV Stamps of their choice.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

A project or two for my banner:
My Craft Spot - halloween
Crafting for All Seasons - dressing up
Decorate to Celebrate - halloween party decoration
Stampavie and More -halloween
Stamp'n'Doodle - recycle something (cheerios boxes)
Anything Goes - animals
Party Time Tuesdays - frightfully scary
Ribbon Carousel - halloween spirit
Incy Wincy Designs - bears
Use Your Stuff - banner
Hiding in my Craft Room - anything goes (show YOUR style)
Thankful Thursday - anything goes
Simply Create - anything goes
Alphabet Challenge - recycle (cheerios boxes)
Little Scrap Pieces - halloween
My Crafting Channel - ghoul times

A la prochaine...

36 comments:

girlia said...

Adorable.

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable door banner!! Lee-Ann :)

Janis Lewis said...

This is the BEST BOO banner EV-VAH! I love it!!! :) Janis

EydieG said...

Love your door banner!

Migdalia said...

WOW!!!!This is AMAZING!!!Best BANNER Ever!!
Have a Fabulous weekend,
Migdalia

Brenda said...

I think this is adorable!!!

DIANA L. said...

All your projects are boo-ti-ful (I know silly pun huh?) They are great have a nice weekend.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART BCA/ANYTHING GOES Linky Party
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Totally awesome Michelle!!! I love the little teddy bears! The papers are great. :)

krcmasterpiece said...

Cheerio boxes are the perfect width for things like this. You'd never know what it was! You did a fabulous job.

thanks for playing with us @ Stamp N Doodle.

Nana said...

Awesome.. Love it. Seen so many banners today. I may have to make one.

Thanks for linking up over at
MCC Challenge #1 - The gh'oul times!


Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Nana said...

Thanks for playing along over at Decorate To Celebrate.

Hugs Nana DT
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Kristin said...

I love your banner, you are making me want to go make one today!! So Adorable!!!! Hugs from your DT Sister:)

Rhonda Emery said...

super cute thank you for joining us at decorate to celebrate.

Unknown said...

How fabulous Michelle what a super project well done Hugs Elaine .
Thank you for joining us at The Crafting for all Seasons Challenge this time .

Mimi said...

Well you know I want this! HA HA! I think it's the cutest banner I've seen. Those little bears are cute, but seriously you made them even cuter with all your doodles! When you cut the cereal box, do you need the deep cut blade?

Cathy, Cardztv DT Sister
www.mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Michelle thank you so much for joining my LSP challenge this week with your fabulous banner it is so awesome would make any door look Boo-tiful....Karen

The Queen (Laura) said...

This is so adorable! I love the papers you've used, and of course the cute little witch from TBP! Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura
CTVS DT Sister

Ginger said...

This is such an adorable project!! Love it!
Hugs,
Ginger
DT Sister

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous banner, I love your images and gorgeous papers.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Lizzie Laine said...

Super cute "Boo" banner Michelle, the bears are adorable and love how you used Mary's bingo card!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from DLART Linky Party. Like the Halloween BOO banner.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Missy said...

This is darling! Great papers, images & sentiments!!

teachdanz said...

this is just way too cute for words:-) nice work Michelle!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! thanks for playing with us at Stamp n Doodle.
Hugs,
Jill

~ Jo ~ said...

Michelle you outdid yourself on this one! I LOVE this banner! It is soooo cute, really!

Hugs,
Jo
DT Sister

Chana Malkah said...

Outstanding! The little trick or treaters will get a kick out of your banner! Thanks for joining us at Stamp-N-Doodle!
Hugz,
Chana

GiGi said...

This is just ADORABLE! I love the cute bears...I want this card SO bad! LOL! Love the bingo card and all the papers too! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Jennifer said...

Awesome job with this challenge!!!
DT Sister

Anonymous said...

So stinkin' cute!!! XOXO

Julie DT Sister :0)

Unknown said...

A beautifully cute project - and an ideal project to complete on the cricut. The papers are adorable too.
A great way to recycle those all too abundant cereal boxes.

Thank you so much for sharing with us at stamp-n-doodle this week.

Claire

Pam said...

This is just so adorable!
Pam
http://scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com/
pamdanner1973@gmail.com

Unknown said...

that is way too cute, thanks for joining simply create!!!

Norma said...

WOW! I love all the different paper you used on your project!!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!
Hugs,
Norma

Aim said...

What an ADORABLE banner!! It is absolutely DELIGHTFUL -- I love it!! :)

Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

Big hugs,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
and Decorate To Celebrate!

Unknown said...

Great use of those banners, thanks for joining us on the Use Your Stuff blog this week!

Rhonda Emery said...

just wanted to say thanks for joining us at mcc challenge with nana and rhonda hugs