Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Colors - Paper Playtime

If you are looking for the Exploring Cricut Christmas Card Blog Hop click HERE

Paper Playtime starts a brand new challenge today!! 

For Ch # 90
Theme: Christmas Colors
StartsMonday, Dec 3rd 12:00 am EST
Ends: Thursday, Dec 13th Noon EST
Winner (chosen by random.org) Announced: Thursday, Dec 13th late afternoon

Here is what I came up with:


Do ya love it??!!  I sure do!  I bought a foam wreath base at Michael's and wrapped it in green yarn.  I decided to decorate it with some bears from my Teddy Bear Parade cartridge - I am in love with that cartridge!  I also decided to add some rolled flowers  that I hand cut - they are easy peasy to make!


The super cute Santa!  I think he is adorable.  I cut all the bears at 4.5 inches.  they are a tiny but big, I think next time I might do them a little smaller - maybe 4 inches and add a cut out "Ho, Ho, Ho" or something.


The elf - paper is mostly from Recollections, although there is some SU in there too.  I doodle around with my Sakura jelly roll pen.  I glue gunned everything on the wreath - they should last forever :)


Sorry, this pic is a bit blurry.   I must admit - I think the Rudolph was one of my least favorite on the tri - fold - I feel like the nose is too big or something, but I must admit - he is much cute in real life.


Here is a close up of the rolled flowers.  Simple to make, but I think pretty effective!  On the whole, I am thrilled with how this wreath turned out.  I am considering making another for my sister in law and her family.  I think her kids would like it!

Our sponsor this challenge is...

One winner chosen by random.org will receive a $15 Gift Certificate to their store!

Come play with us!
...

A challenge or two for my wreath:
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes
Make it Monday - anything goes
Corrosive Challenges - anything goes
Glitter n Sparkle - flowers
Catch the Bug - anything goes
My Sheri Crafts - tis the season
Fussy and Fancy - i love christmas
Inspire me Fridays - anything goes
Totally Paper Crafts - anything but a card christmas

A la prochaine...

23 comments:

Diana said...

This is absolutely adorable. I need to get out my teddy bear cart and make some cards. This wreath is great! ;)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a fabulous wreath! Your rolled roses are great!

Craftin Desert Divas said...

How cute!! I just love that bear cartridge. TFS


Tara

Unknown said...

SUPER STINKING CUTE!!! I love all the different outfits for your teddy bears!!! I bet it will look super cute hanging up!!!

Great job!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

Your wreath is gorgeous and so cute...
Thanks for joining in with us at Fussy and Fancy…

Luv CHRISSYxx

DIANA L. said...

What a great wreath, I saw you on MIM
DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

loz said...

Fantastic wreath Michelle. Saw this on MIM..Loz

Faye said...

Hello Michell. Your wreath is Fantastic. Saw this on MIM..Faye

craftygranny said...

Aww these are so cute and i love the mice and their outfits. Thanks for joining us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

Sharon said...

I love your wreath! The little teddy bears are adorable!! :)

Rae Ann said...

We're on the same wavelength. I planned to do the same thing for my door but decided to change it to a banner. Love those Teddys.
Rae Ann O.

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute, love the little bears. Thank you for joining us this week at Glitter n Sparkle. Abbie DT xx

Marjorie said...

This is just fabulous hunnie, Thank you for sharing with us this week at 'Make it Monday'..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

julie_woolston said...

Wow this is gorgeous I love it , gorgeous little characters for decoration, a fabulous Christmas decoration.

I saw you creation on MIM.

Hugs Julie xx

Annie said...

such a fun festive wreath you have there! thanks for joining us at TPC this week.
hugs, annie x

sammi said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing your creative talent with us in our December anything goes challenge at Catch The Bug! We appreciate you! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Jodie Mackrell said...

adorable! thanks for joining this weeks challenge at catch the bug!

Jodie
http://www.bugaboostamps.com
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.ca

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

cute thanks for joining us at glitter and sparkle and good luck emma xx

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #9, #12, #30, # 87, # 126, #127, #128, #157, #172, #173 and #176.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

Hugs,

Julia

Tammy Miller said...

Now that is adorable I just love it! Thanks so much for joining our Bingo challenge over at CTB! I hope you will join us again very soon!

Becky G said...

Totally adorable wreath! I love those cute images!!! Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Catch The Bug!

:) Becky

Keti's Projects said...

Cute, cute, cute and again cute. I love it!!!

I stopped by from MIM (my projects are #76 and #177, if you decide to check it out :-)

Happy Crafting. Hugs from snowy Slovenia. K.

Shell said...

Cute wreath thanks for sharing it with us at Fussy & Fancy this week.
Shell xx