Welcome back to Purple Monkey Moments and Day 2 of the CookingWithCricut.com Sweetshop Blog Hop!
If you've come from visiting Melissa at Melissa's Scrappen Place you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our fun hop, you can go to CookingWithCricut.com and start at the beginning. Click HERE.
With Valentine’s Day just a few days away we are sharing some wonderful ideas and inspiration for your viewing and crafting pleasure! Each Design Team member will be featuring a project each day (Saturday & Sunday) made especially for this hop. Make sure to check out each DT member's blog and collect the special letter there. There will be prizes along the way at our DT members' blogs, AND there will be some nice PRIZES with a few different ways to win at CookingWithCricut.com!
Today's project is extremely simple. After making 18 treat bags for my daughter's birthday party last week, I decided I didn't want to make another 30 :) I wanted something quick and easy, that could be quickly replicated. I decided to make lollipop covers. I followed a tutorial by the wonderful Emma, that I found HERE. So here are my cute and simple lollipop covers:
I used George and Basic Shapes to cut the rectangle for the cover (6" x 2.25") and to cut the heart (1.3"). The cutie face on the heart is from Peachy Keen Stamps - I love them :)
I punched 1/8th inch holes with my Crop-a-dile. I then tied the bow, and stuck a twist tie through it so I could fasten the cover shut. Isn't that brilliant? Emma showed me that on her video... The stamps on the front and back are both from Stampin Up.
I decided to use 2 lollipops in each cover. I had hoped to find a thicker lollipop. but my local bulk barn didn't have any.
My daughter thought these were so cute, and the best thing?? I spent $1.50 on lollipops - so much better than the $15 I spent on treat bag candy last week :)
I have 2 giveaways of you today. The wonderfuland talented Melin has donated cut files/ digi stamps for each of us to giveaway, and I have some stamps as blog candy too! The winner of this prize can decide if they want Melins design as a digi stamp, or a cut file. Here it is:
And here are the cute stamps another winner will get from me:
So how can you win these great prizes? Easy peasey!
1) Become a follower of my blog - if you aren't already.
2) Leave me a comment below.
3) For an extra chance to win, grab my blog button and display it on your blog, leaving me a second comment letting me know.
4) Leave a comment on yesterday's post for a second chance to win - click HERE
5) Be sure to check back on Tuesday to see if you have won one of the prizes.
Here is the “secret” letter you need to collect from me to be eligible for a prize package at CookingWithCricut.com. - T
Now it's your turn! Let’s see your sweet Valentine projects. Be sure to include a Cricut or other die cut machine cut on your project and link it up at CookingWithCricut.com. The Design Team will pick their three favorites and one lucky sweetheart will be chosen randomly to win one of the six prize packages being offered in this hop.
Next stop... Nicole at Croppin Momma Designs. Go see what she has in store for you today.
And don’t forget, when you're done, make sure to head back to CookingWithCricut.com and get entered to win one of SIX prize packages! Here’s how:
1. Link your sweet Valentine project and be one of the top three chosen by our Chefs.
2. Link your project and be the randomly drawn winner.
3. Collect all the letters and unscramble our “secret” phrase correctly and leave it in the special comment section on CookingWithCricut.com.
4. Or just leave a comment at CookingWithCricut.com and let us know how you liked our Sweetshop Blog Hop.
Here is our Hop line-up:
1. CWC-Melin http://www.cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com/
2. Abby http://www.scrapbookaholicbyabby.com/
3. Anita http://www.scrappingwithglitter.blogspot.com
4. Becky http://www.bouncyflouncyfunfunfun.blogspot.com/
5. Cathie http://www.creativecutter.org/
6. Christel http://www.onescrappinsista.blogspot.com/
7. Dalis http://www.stampergirl.com/
8. Deb http://www.bugjuiced.blogspot.com/
9. Erika http://www.cricutlove1.blogspot.com
10. Gaby http://www.gabycreates.com/
11. Jean http://www.jeanscraftycorner.blogspot.com
12. Jenna http://www.jennasfavoritethings.blogspot.com/
13. Jennifer http://www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com/
14. Jenny http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
15. Karla http://www.kalittlescrapcorner.blogspot.com/
16. Madison http://www.funkycards.blogspot.com/
17. Maria Elena http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/
18. Melissa http://www.melissascrappenplace.blogspot.com/
19. Michelle http://www.mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE
20. Nicole http://www.croppinmommadesigns.blogspot.com NEXT
21. Raven http://www.love4stamps.blogspot.com
22. Roberta http://www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com/
23. Ronnie http://www.inkyantics.blogspot.com/
Don't forget to leave a comment on yesterday's post for an extra chance to win - click HERE. Thanks for stopping by.
A la prochaine...