Monday, February 7, 2011

Hearts and Cupids and a new Blog Design

Happy Monday everyone :) It is a sunny, cold day here in Nova Scotia, with a break in the snowstorms, although we are expecting another 6-12 inches in the next 48 hours - the joys of winter... So, are you loving my new blog design? I won a mini-makeover during a blog hop a couple of weeks ago from Michele over at Now Stamp This, and Madeline over at Shabby Vanity did a fabulous job! I hope, over time, to be able to get some more upgrades from Madeline, but for now, this is perfect!

Today is challenge day over at Paper Playtime. The challenge today is to make a project using hearts or cupids. I decided to use both :) Here is what I came up with:



I cut the box from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. The cupid is from Sweethearts, and the top of the box has a phrase from Create a Critter that says "I love you" - well it says I "heart" you...



The cute heart paper is from a valentines stack from K and Co. It has the cutest paper! I just adore it.



I welded the heart to the box on two sides using my Gypsy girl. The heart is from George and Basic Shapes. I put a sheet of acetate inside the box, covering each of the hearts. I am going to make 3 more boxes, and fill each one up with Hershey's kisses, one for each of us, for Valentines day :) The cardstock is from Stampin Up and I doodled with my Sakura white gel pen.

I hope you all pop over to Paper Playtime, see what the design team came up with and play along :)

Some Challenges:
Crafty Hos - love theme
Pear Tree Designs - free for all
The Crafty Pad - love is in the air
Tueday Throwdown - add stitching
ECP Challenges - love
Polka Doodles - hearts
Raise The Bar - hearts

A la prochaine...

15 comments:

Maria Matter said...

this is so fun Michelle! love that silhouette cupid and heart window! beautifully done!
hugs

aqualeiga said...

Such a fun little project, thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week.....hugs, Ali x

Glora said...

Great project and SUPER cute new blog look!!!! Hugs- Glora

Miria said...

Such a gorgeous creation, Michelle! Thank you for joining Polka Doodles this week, good luck! Miria xx

lis-m said...

I love the see thro style of this.. sweet !
thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week . Good luck
hugs xx

Brigitte said...

I love it!!! Great job Michelle!
Brigitte

Lou Mac said...

This is a great little box - what a super project. The silhouette of cupid is just adorable.

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs in our 'Free For All' Challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

Linda said...

I love the new blog look! Madeline did a fabulous job!! :) I also love the box..expecially the heart windows! I love it!! :) Thanks for sharing!! :)

Linda
www.fancyframework.com

Saskia said...

LOVELY box for Polkadoodles Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Susie said...

Fab box, I love the heart shaped windows and the cupid is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Flutterby Trina said...

Love the little box, so adorable and that cupid!!! Thanks for joining us at PTD this week, Good Luck

xxx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Oh I LOVE boxes and this one is just too too cute! Good luck and thanks for playing along with us for Love is in the Air at the The Crafty Pad and we hope you can play along with us again next Sunday!. The Navy Wife

Colette said...

Lovely little box, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Such a lovely project. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous box and great design.
Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles hearts challenge and hope to see you again.
x