Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow Much Fun!

Happy snowy Monday everyone! Today in Halifax it is chilly and icy, but tomorrow it's supposed to POUR! Gotta love winter in Eastern Canada... I wasn't planning to post today, but I am home with a munchikin with the stomach flu, and had a few crafting moments, so here is an extra post. I had some left over snowmen that I stamped with my PKS. I decided to use it to make a cute wintry card. Here it is:



So here are the details - I cut the snowman from Doodlecharms, I used the Hide Contour button on my to eliminate the snowman's face. Then I was able to stamp his face with my Happy Lashes stamps from Peachy Keen. Isn't he adorable all doodled up like that?? I tore some paper to make the snowy hills, and inked them up with my SU inks, and adhered them to a piece of blue reflections cardstock that I embossed with my Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder. I created the little label the sentiment is on on my Gypsy. It is from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. I manipulated the size, so it would fit my sentiment, and then i welded two small rectangle to the end so the ribbon would slip right through. I then inked the edges with pink and stamped it with a sentiment from CTMH. The snowflakes were punched from an old punch I got years ago, and I inked the edges with some pink and blue SU inks. I used my Sakura Jelly Roll pens to do some doodling.

I hope you all like the little card I created today. Thanks for hanging out with me! See you back her in a day or two.

A few challenges for my cute snowy card:
My Craft Spot - snow much fun
Fantabulous Cricut - label it
2 Sisters - embossing
The Ribbon Girls - use blue, pink and a ribbon
Stamptacular Sunday - seeing spots
Gingerloft Challenge - let it snow
Getting Cricky With It - let it snow/use embossing
Delicious Doodles - winter wonderland
Fussy and Fancy - let it snow
Raise the Bar - circles
DRS Designs - snowman
Sassy Studio Designs - frosty winter colors
Crafting For All Seasons - snowman/snow flakes
Sisterhood of Crafters - let it snow
Stampavie and More - winter
Cupcake Inspirations - pink and blue snowflakes

A la prochaine...

31 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Your card is sooo cute! I love the stamped face you used. He looks so happy.
The weather here in NB is so wonky too. It just can't seem to make up it's mind. I would be happy if it just decided spring was here and stuck with it! :D We have had robins at our bird feeder last weekend.
Hope your little guy is feeling better soon! :)

Sarah said...

Adorable! Love his little face! Hope your little one is feeling much better! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

Debbie said...

This is sooooo cute!! I love that embossing folder! His face is so cute!! Gotta get me some PK stamps!

Kate said...

This is just such a cheerful card! It made me smile as soon as I looked at it! Great job!
Our weather is much the same in central Ontario. It's crazy!
I do hope your little one is feeling much better.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

Kate

Sharon said...

Adorable!! Totally adorable!!!! :)

Jennie Garcia said...

I love how happy is this card!! I also love the embossing on the background and the cuts!! Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the Wintry Snowman card with wonderful circle embossing. Thanks for entering at Raise the Bar.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
Guest Bar-Tender at Raise the Bar

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very cute card, love the embossing. i too live in Canada (Ontario), how every yesterday was alot of rain and today it is snow!! crazy weather!! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge
Kristan
Getting Cricky Jr. DTM

Einat's Art World said...

Super cute, thanks for joining us at gingerloft snow challenge.
Einat

Shelia said...

Your snowman is so cute! I really like the design of your card too. Thanks for playing along in DRS Designs weekly challenge!

Rene said...

This is the cutest little snowman ever! Thank you so much for linking up at Cupcake Inspirations this week and good luck!
Rene :D

Catherine said...

This is really cute. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons this week...

Sheryl said...

This card made me smile! It's adorable!
Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our, "Let It Snow" challenge!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

Winnie said...

cute winter card, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week

Hugs Winnie

Anonymous said...

Just darling!

Miranda said...

Super Cute! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky With K Andrew!
Miranda :)
Getting Cricky JR DT
www.nanascrapspot.com

Laurence said...

Really lovely card, thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge.

Laurence

Sara said...

oh my goodness, it's adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with SSD!

febe said...

Such a cute face for a snowman. Clean and nice card.

stretch marks treatments

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Cute card. Love the Peachy Keen face. Thanks for joining us for Dare To Be Sassy Thursday at Sassy Studio Designs.

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer E. said...

Love that Jolly Snowman! Thanks for entering this in DRS Designs Blog Challenge! Good Luck!

Cheri said...

Your snowman looks happy indeed. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Letillia said...

Such a Cute Card! I love the Embossing folder you used! Thanks for joing the Simply Sunday Challenge this week @ Getting Cricky!

Letillia, GCJrDTM
divaof5.blogspot.com

Sugarlips said...

So cute. I love the snowman he is so adorable. I love his smiley face.

Thanks for joining in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

Jessie
Getting Cricky Jr DTM

Amanda said...

What a cute card! I love the embossing! Great job! TYFS :)


Amanda
Getting Cricky JrDt
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Janneke said...

What a great card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge ..

Janneke XO

Bettina L. said...

Wow what a fun embossed winter card. Love the snowman and the embossed spots;) Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Jessica said...

A totally sweet, happy snowman! Great doodling on him and your label! Thanks for playing with us this week at Fantabulous Cricut!

Jessica
FCCB DT
http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

such a cute card with that cheery face on the snowman. Thankyou for sharing this with us at Delicious Doodles challenges.

blackdragon said...

Lovely card...thanks for sharing with us at delicious doodles.
BDx